First deflasking - Paph. PEoY

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

paphioboy

hehehe...
Reaction score
Penang, Malaysia..d home of fabulous paphs.
Looking really good.. I hope you have patience to wait for them to bloom in 10 years.. :D :p PEOY is a slowwwww growing thing. I have a medium-sized seedling, it does put out larger leaves than the previous one, but the rate of growth does test one's patience.

O

orchidman77

Those are awesome looking.

What are you using as seedling nutrients?

Hi there, I am currently using the same feeding as my other plants - 1/4 teaspoon of MSU fertilizer and a few drops lemon juice per gallon of water every watering. They seem to like it!

Thanks guys! They are fun to watch develop - we'll see if I'm saying that in 5 years :rollhappy:

David

O

orchidman77

Update 7.4.16

PEoY seedlings are looking great! I will have to separate them soon into compots with a little more room. Looks like I have them coming out of my ears...

IMG_9051_zpsduvr8i26.jpg

IMG_9052_zpsir5owexp.jpg

David

troy

Reaction score
Another 3 years yur gonna have a pey bloom canopy of a grow area, congrats!! Can I ask yur culture?

O

orchidman77

Another 3 years yur gonna have a pey bloom canopy of a grow area, congrats!! Can I ask yur culture?

I sure hope not - and I believe a large compot of these is coming to you at some point, yeah???? :poke: :clap:

Culture is pretty basic - windowsill facing South, RO water with 1/4 tsp. MSU fert/gallon with every watering and a healthy dose of ignoring :rollhappy:

....They seem to like it. I like that I have enough plants that I don't always think about how long it'll be before I get blooms!

David