First Bloom Paph Haynaldianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@JimNJ I am growing out a flask of this cross and have bloomed five so far. They are very good to excellent. My best one had five flowers. This is how most of them have generally looked with varying degrees of horizontal petals and chunky segments.

Also showed one of the OK ones so you can see some variation. It is still quite nice.

Thanks for all your comments. Looks like I’m lucky to get a nice one.

@Justin - very nice! Great to get some idea of the variation. Hoping to eventually get one with even more Vini color - probably not from these parents then. ... How long did it take you from flask to flower? Was that under greenhouse conditions?

Thanks for all your comments. Looks like I’m lucky to get a nice one.

@Justin - very nice! Great to get some idea of the variation. Hoping to eventually get one with even more Vini color - probably not from these parents then. ... How long did it take you from flask to flower? Was that under greenhouse conditions?

Yours is about as dark as I have seen.

Mine started blooming about nine years from flask. That is probably a long time, but I grow indoors so things are slower for me. They are pretty vigorous plants actually.

Yours is about as dark as I have seen.

Mine started blooming about nine years from flask. That is probably a long time, but I grow indoors so things are slower for me. They are pretty vigorous plants actually.
Thanks for the commment, helps put my plant in context. ... One of our club members posted a photo of one with lots of red on the tips of the lateral petals and edges of the ds, will ask him more about the background.

Impressive you were able to grow them from flask. I will be getting a small flask of Argus soon - will try to see how well I’ll do on a smaller plant first.

Back