Fires are bad news! (Motorcycle)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Quite by accident today I found out the bike shop that has been building my custom motorcycle since early in March burnt to the ground. Check it out at http://www.capitalnews9.com/content/top_stories/default.asp?ArID=223349 They even have a video of it on that page. I've been trying to reach the owners all afternoon. Finally, I got a cell phone # from their painter. The metal pieces for my bike are currently 3/4 painted at another location. My wife finally got a hold of them and my bike was the first one to be pulled out of the burning building. Still, there was plenty of damage. All the parts including a custom stitched seat that were not yet on the bike burned to a crisp. Even the frame may have been ruined. As I understand it, the owners of the shop can't even clean the soot off of anything until next week when the insurance adjusters get there. I was hoping to get my long over due bike within the next month. I'm sad, but I can't imagine how the owners of the shop feel. I just hope they can rebuild.

Trying to look at the bright side. One of the hardest parts of this build was nailing the painter down. He goes to all the motorcycle events around the U.S. to do pin striping. Lots of cash money there. The front and rear fender as well as gas tank and oil tank where at the painters shop. The painter has been working over a month just on 3 of the 4 pieces. If they had been on the motorcycle it would have had to be redone.

Trying to look at the bright side. One of the hardest parts of this build was nailing the painter down. He goes to all the motorcycle events around the U.S. to do pin striping. Lots of cash money there. The front and rear fender as well as gas tank and oil tank where at the painters shop. The painter has been working over a month just on 3 of the 4 pieces. If they had been on the motorcycle it would have had to be redone.

You should grow orchids. :poke:

Like I don't grow orchids. Just received 3 vandas from Florida yesterday. Shhhh, don't tell anyone I don't grow just paphs. It's just I can't live forever and my wife and I decided we can't take it with us. The bike is strictly for me. It was built with a single seat. No riders, EVER. I don't plan on killing anyone but if I do it will only be myself. Donna isn't crazy about the whole thing. She just says if I kill myself she'll never talk to me again. Actually, that is indeed true.

Bob,

Sorry to hear that! You're right, there's not much you can do about it so you might as well go with the flow. Anyway, there'll be snow on the ground soon, so no rush 'til spring. :) Cheers.

-Ernie

Such a pity when something like this happens, we had a fire at our Motorcycle shop a few years back and we are still trying to recover from it...come to think about it, it is was the second fire, the first was caused by a police vehicle catching fire at the muffler shop next door...

Latest posts

Back