Fireball Family Portrait

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e-spice

Reaction score
Here are a few first bloom Fox Valley Fireball seedlings in bloom. The two shorter ones were made with Phrag. Barbara Leann 'Bloody Mary' that Tom recently posted, instead of the 'Select' clone he typically uses. I like all of them and think it's a fantastic hybrid.

I've had these two years now. The one on the left isn't open all the way but I wanted to get the picture in case one of the others fell off.

fireball-family-photo.jpg

Nice! The far right is branching? Is that typical of the cross? Nice effect if so.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nice! The far right is branching? Is that typical of the cross? Nice effect if so.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It looks like it's branching but that's a developing bud on top of a spike. Come to think of it I've never had a Fireball that branched.

Yay besseae hybrids! The 'Bloody Mary' breeding seems more color saturated. Mine are so slow growing. :( Thanks for sharing.

Yes based on these two, 'Bloody Mary' seems to give it a little more color saturation and is a little smaller size.

It looks like it's branching but that's a developing bud on top of a spike. Come to think of it I've never had a Fireball that branched.
Slipperking is correct it is branching, there are two stems parallel up ,
unless
1) these 2 are two separate spikes from 2 different growth fans,
or
2) you show us 5 plants , and just happens that one plant with short spike is directly in front of a plant with tall spike .

Slipperking is correct it is branching, there are two stems parallel up ,
unless
1) these 2 are two separate spikes from 2 different growth fans,
or
2) you show us 5 plants , and just happens that one plant with short spike is directly in front of a plant with tall spike .

Yes, it's the second one. A short plant is in front of a larger one and it looks like it's branching.

Latest posts

Back