Find Phrag A Paph

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More great suggestions. The time is running out! Post now or forever lose your chance at a gift certificate!

If you are thinking of getting at a species, I think venustum is pretty easy to grow and should bloom more than once a year. For a first paph, I would think you would want something that might bloom more than once a year... maybe a fairrieanum hybrid? Had to throw that in there since TADD is running a little late.

Nice try Blake!

Trying to influence my decisions by reposting your choice? Very :ninja:

I recommend Paph haynaldianum...because it is my favourite multi, or ant of it's hybrids, like Leybaudianum. But because they have been suggested I would go for it's close relative...Paph lowii
Paph haynaldianum
paph_haynaldianum_gideon.jpg

Paph Leybaudianum
paph_lebaudy_gideon.jpg

Paph lowii
paph_lowii_gideon.jpg

Ok, the contest is closed! Give me an hour or so to make my decision, then I will post the results.

John

And the winner is...

Robin

She suggested Lynleigh Koopowitz, and I think the combination of patterned leaves and scented blooms sold me. I thank you all for participating, and suggesting plants I may well purchase in the future.

Robin, please send me a p.m. so we can discuss your gift certificate.

Well done Robin...Lynleigh Koopowitz is a great choice, Phrag, you will be happy with it...and don't forget the pics

Thanks!

I will totally let you guys know what I choose...chances are, it's going to have mottled leaves and softly-colored flowers. (That's not necessarily true--I'd like a tigrinum, venustum var. album and a purpuratum too.) We'll see.

Robin

Congratulations Robin! Now use that certificate wisely and get a Paph :D

I third, the motion... what's 2nd and third on the list? And when will you get them ;)

Here is what I am thinking of buying for my first five paphs...

Lynleigh Koopowitz
Harold Koopowitz
Magic Lantern
Ho Chi Minh
Ma Belle

If I were to buy multifloral paphs, I would buy...

Rothschildianum
Philippinense
Philippinense var. alba
St. Swithin
Lowii

I think I am drawn more to the Parvisepalums than the Brachys. And I really want to splurge and buy some multiflorals, but I am afraid of the kind of space they might take up.

I love parvis, and I love multis. They are my absolute favorites. I am going to :poke: into getting a multi by suggesting a lowii, because they are so easy to grow, and are so beautiful, and are great for getting into multis. I will leave it at that.

PHRAG said:
Here is what I am thinking of buying for my first five paphs...

Lynleigh Koopowitz
Harold Koopowitz
Magic Lantern
Ho Chi Minh
Ma Belle

If I were to buy multifloral paphs, I would buy...

Rothschildianum
Philippinense
Philippinense var. alba
St. Swithin
Lowii

I think I am drawn more to the Parvisepalums than the Brachys. And I really want to splurge and buy some multiflorals, but I am afraid of the kind of space they might take up.

Thats a great 'to pick from list' John.

**cough**Philippinense var. alba**cough**

**cough**compact grower**cough**

(The bolding is just to add to the subliminal effect of this reply) :poke:

:evil:

PHRAG said:
You all crack me up. It's a good thing I never go on spending sprees for orchids.
Oh? Don't I recalll you buying like 30 besseae and its hybrids in the span of a couple of months?

adiaphane said:
Oh? Don't I recalll you buying like 30 besseae and its hybrids in the span of a couple of months?

Yeah, that post should have read...

"It's a good thing I don't go on spending sprees for orchids. :) "

Or...

[total lie] "It's a good thing I don't go on spending sprees for orchids." [/total lie]

I could have also gone for Heather's favorite, the sarcasm smilie :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back