Finally ready to share

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wendy

Just me!
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I’ve been very sporadic on the forum for a bit. Our summer started out busy but recently took a bad turn. First our neighbours son was killed by a driver on drugs, in a stolen truck....he left behind a wife a three young children. Then one of my best friends (my ‘second mom’) told me she has incurable leukaemia (CLL)

But the worst for me was losing my beloved Gregory to a blood clot. (Saddle thrombosis). It happened on July 14 early in the morning. He suddenly lost control of his hind legs...we rushed him to the emergency clinic but there was nothing they could do for him. We had no choice but to put him to sleep. I was devastated. He wasn’t even 13 yet and had shown no signs of illness. The suddenness of it was horrible. Greg had bonded with me as a kitten and was more like my kid than a pet. I was kind of in shock and couldn’t eat or function for days. It’s taken me until now to post again but I wanted to share as I know many of you ‘knew’ Greg from my postings over the years. We’ve had him cremated and he’s now back home with us.

We decided to adopt a new kitten. On Saturday Steve and I went to a cat rescue and a tiny orange kitten picked us out. I picked him up today. His name is Bernie. I’ll post about him in another thread.

Here are a few photos of my Gregory.....I miss him so, so much.

I'm so, so sorry to read this, Wendy! I read the other post first and thought I'd missed this a while ago. Did not realize it was still so fresh. As I said earlier, I have such fond memories of you getting Gregory! Very sad for this news. It just goes to show you that we need to appreciate every minute with them! I'm glad Bernie found you - sounds like he knew just what you needed. Hugs to you and your family!

It's always so hard to lose a member of the family even when they have 4 legs. Years ago I lost a beautiful French Bull puppy to a bleeding disorder and it took me 2 years to look for a new one. I can only tell you that you never forget those you lose but the new ones make the pain so much easier to take.

Suzy

Latest posts

Back