Finally... Phragmipedium humboltii in spike!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is much more in keeping with your albinistic collection tendencies... :)
nice flowering...

have you seen humboldtii clones other than the ones from ecuagenera? they seem to be the (only?) ones that are readily available.

Bummer! It turns out that this plant was mislabeled....
Most heartfelt commiserations, Leslie! I damn well know the feeling!
My life with Paph. philippinense has been strewn with thorns and lots of stones in the shoe. It all started with the first philli, that I succeeded in flowering. After anxious/expectant waiting in what felt like ages, it finally opened.... and was a St.Swithin!

PS. If short on a clonal name, I' ve noticed that Ecuagenera has a humboldtii 'Fortuna', may I for your wallisii propose 'Misfortuna'

Last edited:
Most heartfelt commiserations, Leslie! I damn well know the feeling!
My life with Paph. philippinense has been strewn with thorns and lots of stones in the shoe. It all started with the first philli, that I succeeded in flowering. After anxious/expectant waiting in what felt like ages, it finally opened.... and was a St.Swithin!

PS. If short on a clonal name, I' ve noticed that Ecuagenera has a humboldtii 'Fortuna', may I for your wallisii propose 'Misfortuna'
Love that name my dear Jens!

Awesome... has it bloomed?

not that one.. but 2 different clones form equagenera...

last one just dropped its last flower... only 2 inflorescences and 1 flower per... first bloom... one flower was spectacular (i can say that because i didn't photograph it... :) ) larger and longer petals..... than the other clone... we'll see how that all works out next year... (btw, i flowered one of my tonsum albas from sam... slightly wonky, but seems large... i'll pm you a photo)

Back