Finally - a pK

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats! :clap:
Is it a particular clone?
Interesting to see that it doesn't have the two yellow lines on the pouch, like mine. Are your temps high right now?

You are right, I thought that there was something particular about it. It came from Alfredo Manrique, but I do not have any pedigree. My temeperature is getting cooler these days, now there is some 25C at day and 15 during night, but has been more like 27 day and 18 day for most of the time the bud has developed. Could that be the reason for the lack of yellow?

You are right, I thought that there was something particular about it. It came from Alfredo Manrique, but I do not have any pedigree. My temeperature is getting cooler these days, now there is some 25C at day and 15 during night, but has been more like 27 day and 18 day for most of the time the bud has developed. Could that be the reason for the lack of yellow?

My first kovachii bloomed with temps around 23C-25C and it had the two yellow lines on the pouch. But the subsequent blooms didn't have them and it bloomed earlier in the season with max temp of 25C-27C (77F-80F). I have another one that just started to spike and I expect the plant to bloom in late january. I'll see if the temperature will change anything (in late january my max temps are around 13C/55F). If that plant still doesn't have those lines, it would (probably) mean there's something else I'm doing culture wise that inhibit that trait.

Interesting Silvan, keep us informed, would you? Your temperatures are lower than mine mid-winter, is 13C enough to keep them growing?

Angela, its not THAT big, Guess around 15cm or so. But the stalk was surprisingly stiff and rigid.

Bjorn, How long have you been growing this one?

Ive had some since 2012, but this one came in my custody last year as BS plant. I do not find them too hard to grow, but it takes time. The trick is to keep them at moderate temperatures. And never let them dry out of course....

Latest posts

Back