few of my cooler growering Coelogynes

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondie

Reaction score
Hi

You must be getting tired of all the Coelogyne's :rollhappy:

So first up we have C. ochraceai love the smell of this plant extremely strong. I grow this way to warm than what the books say. But i water very heavliy when in growth and summer, then completely stop watering once the growths are mature. I might give the plant a water once every three months if I genorus.

upload pic

I love this species Make a nice plant with large flowers I growth this warm but get flowers a lot earlier than i should.

free picture upload

This one is one of the few that survived from my original collection so have a very big soft spot for it, its cristata var aba. a very ugly plant but pure white flowers to it.

upload image

Next up is lawrenceana it has massive flower opening one after the other, it dose make a large plant and dose everthing in its power to grow out side the pot.

how to screen capture

This one has coursed me a bit of a fight with other people, i was sold this as luteo alba but have been told this should be coelogyne pempahisheyana.

image hosting site

This one is another one that has coursed a bit of an upset, this was sold to me as grandulosa but upset and been told that i was sold a wrong plant and this is intermedia.

screenshot windows 7

I honestly dont have that many more plants to go.

Never tire of them! Keep em coming!!
How many do you have? Where have you acquired so many species? Never seen half of what you have offered.

Never tire of them! Keep em coming!!
How many do you have? Where have you acquired so many species? Never seen half of what you have offered.

Hi nearly all of my plants come from a UK Nursery that has a large range of Coelogyne's. Only a few plants have come from privet collections that I know as well in swaps.

I have about 40 species and hybrids quite a few are young plants that i got a seedling most, are now just reaching flowering size or only got a few years to go.

Well my dayana is massive so if it looks my pempahisheyana it wouldn't be dayana, my dayana is i think 80cm tip to tip.
My dayana is huge, also. I can't judge the size of your plant, but the pseudobulbs are shaped similar to my dayana. I also only see the flowers from the side, but the color and shape are similar. I guess this just means I need a pempahisheyana. :)

What species would you suggest that stay more compact? I have a usitana that has about 5 pseudobulbs. I consider that compact-ish.

Thanks
Jake

My dayana is huge, also. I can't judge the size of your plant, but the pseudobulbs are shaped similar to my dayana. I also only see the flowers from the side, but the color and shape are similar. I guess this just means I need a pempahisheyana. :)

Yes well on the left is my dayana and this year was its first ever flowering and on the right id the pempaphisheyana for size comparison.
the dayana has tall bulbs and long large leafs that do look very nice.

upload pic

Jab it all depends on the person the likes of cristata normaly on is very compost tidy happy, other would be the likes of
speciosa
mooreana
flaccida
pempasheyana
ochreace
salmonicolour
lactea
fragrans
marmorata
merrillii
they are just but a few really.

There is an extremely useful website by an Australian thinks it's coelogynes.com that has everything about them on there.

Yes well on the left is my dayana and this year was its first ever flowering and on the right id the pempaphisheyana for size comparison.
the dayana has tall bulbs and long large leafs that do look very nice.

upload pic

Jab it all depends on the person the likes of cristata normaly on is very compost tidy happy, other would be the likes of
speciosa
mooreana
flaccida
pempasheyana
ochreace
salmonicolour
lactea
fragrans
marmorata
merrillii
they are just but a few really.

Well, that is impressive! Erased any lingering doubts I may have had! Now I know I need to find a pempasheyana.

Back