Fern Identity

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wahaj

Reaction score
Hiya. Saw this at Chelsea.....does anyone know what kind of fern it is?

Thanks,

Attachments

• DSCF0072.JPG
    DSCF0072.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 25
I have that fern at home and just repotted it last night, never looked at the tag:( If I remember I will tonight ( common name is rabbit's foot as per Ramon)

Rick H

thanks guys! that's very helpful. that's exactly it. All I need to do now is find out where I can get a tiny little one :)

thanks!

Yes, it is a Davallia (commonly called rabbit's foot), but I don't think it is possible to be certain of which species based on this photo. They all have the furry rhizomes.

That's easy! You've got the parent plant!

Unfortunately I don't matey :( I only saw it and took a picture of it. I don't have one. I'm watching one on ebay....and it seems to be a lot for a fern. So I'm going to a garden centre today to see if they have any....

Oopps - thought it was yours! Good luck in hunting one down, they are actually almost common in my area.

went to the most "local" garden centre to me today. by local I mean 15 minute walk, then a 40 minute bus, then 20 minute walk to get to it. hehe.

but went through their whol indoor and outdoor fern collection....and nothing....

mind you bought some air plants....I'll mount them on one of the pieces of drift wood.

Latest posts

Back