Feeling old

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happens to me all the time. My wife puts her feet on my side, her knees on my side and her elbows on my side... all the good stuff she keeps on her side.

I get "the hand of God" (Maradona soccer reference) - ie a mid sleep, accidental (she says), backhander as my wife flails around with the bed covers!

Thats a fabulous photo and a wonderful reminder of times past. Our 'origins' are an important part of who we are.
So important. In aging, I notice that I'm fully engaged in the process of retrieving those valuable bits that passed away naturally as I was growing into my own. Things and moments that thrilled me then still thrill me now, but completely renewed. Aging has definite and concrete riches and compensations. But boundaries being what they are, how advisable is it to buy a flask of philippInense or sanderianum, or anything? It 's the last opportunity for grace and acceptance of the gift of life. To everything there is a season. Oh, and sleep injuries are definitely real! 🙂

I have several flasks of my own creation that I made last year using my awarded plants, including a multiflora. They are barely more than protocorms. So, 72 years old + 10 years to see several bloom + 8 years to get some size on the plants for shows. I don't see any problems here. I think it is supposed to be this way. I do acknowledge the onslaught of time and have given up mountain climbing and motorcycles, well, maybe not the mountain climbing. Mike

I have several flasks of my own creation that I made last year using my awarded plants, including a multiflora. They are barely more than protocorms. So, 72 years old + 10 years to see several bloom + 8 years to get some size on the plants for shows. I don't see any problems here. I think it is supposed to be this way. I do acknowledge the onslaught of time and have given up mountain climbing and motorcycles, well, maybe not the mountain climbing. Mike
🙂 🙂 🙂 I'll see you in 18 years. Can't wait.

Last edited:
Well, as I'm aging, I'm meeting lots of new people. A podiatrist, ophthalmologist, and two urologists...what larks!

Seriously, I should give some thoughts to the fate of my plants, when I leave the planet. My father had a very nice collection of orchids. He died young, and my mother cared for them for a while, but slowly lost interest. By the time I was able to get involved, nearly all had perished. A good friend did have divisions of a couple of Dad's favorites, and I'm still caring for them now, some 50 years later. Sure wish more had survived...

Latest posts

Back