fasciculatum in situ

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I'm just psyched that I get to write 'in situ' next to any orchid photo I have taken, haha. This plant grows right next to a fairly heavily trafficked trail, but you have to be looking for it, and there are other big, impressive things nearby that probably serve to distract the majority of passers-by.

Thanks, I'm just psyched that I get to write 'in situ' next to any orchid photo I have taken, haha. This plant grows right next to a fairly heavily trafficked trail, but you have to be looking for it, and there are other big, impressive things nearby that probably serve to distract the majority of passers-by.

I know the feeling! In this case, being an inconspicuous species is to its advantage. For me, I love to get on my belly to appreciate miniature flowers like this one. Congrats on the find.

I tried to cultivate this species several times, but never succeeded.
This species seems to be very dependent on mycorrhizal fungi, which protect the plant from infections.

It seems to be the same problem as with Cypripedium subtropicum.

Last edited:
Back