Fancy kitchen faucet - normal tap with integrated R/O

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silence882

Horse whisperer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having to go underneath the sink to get to the R/O water tap for drinking water was driving my wife crazy, so she got us a fancy new single faucet that can dispense both the normal tap water and the R/O water. We have granite counter tops and haven't gotten around to getting a hole drilled for the R/O tap (in the 18+ months we've had the R/O system). We also don't have a convenient place for a new hole and I refuse to give up my in-counter soap dispenser since I do the dishes.

I didn't even know this kind of faucet existed. It's of German make so naturally it was far more annoying to install than it should have been. The water supply lines that came with the faucet had 1/2" compression fittings instead of the typical (for the US) 3/8" fittings. No adapter that I could find locally exists to step down from 1/2" to 3/8". I ended up having to get a male-male 1/2"-3/8" fitting and a braided steel female-female 3/8"-3/8" line for both the hot and cold supply lines to make it work. Then the amount of threads that were exposed on the 1/4" supply hook-up for the R/O supply were insufficient to tighten down the quick-connect compression fitting I had. Instead, I had to use a different compression fitting with a copper sleeve that I then hose-clamped the supply line to. I'm not completely convinced that the R/O supply was a proper 1/4" thread either. The threads didn't match up quite right with my current R/O tap and threading on the compression fitting didn't feel totally secure. I suspect they may have used a metric supply hook-up that was very close to standard, but not exactly the same.

But now that it's installed, I'm quite happy with it. It'll be nice not to cause it to rain in the basement when I start filling the watering can, walk away to do something else, and forget to return.

One tap for normal, one for R/O:

The R/O water comes out the small hole in the center while the normal tap water comes out around it:

--Stephen

Didn't know that something like this existed. Very cool.

When I ordered a new sink for my condo I specified how many holes I wanted. I will say that there are many innovative things in Europe that I haven't seen here in the states. When I was in Germany in 2001 I fell I love with their windows and doors. They tilt open at the top or open like a normal hinged door or casement window. Excellent ventilation even when it rains.

Is R/O-tap the usual purpose of this faucet, or is it designed for something else (like hot water and tap water)?

It's meant for R/O systems. We got it through Amazon:
http://smile.amazon.com/WaterLux-WL...2DV0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1446226043&sr=8-2

Didn't know that something like this existed. Very cool.

When I ordered a new sink for my condo I specified how many holes I wanted. I will say that there are many innovative things in Europe that I haven't seen here in the states. When I was in Germany in 2001 I fell I love with their windows and doors. They tilt open at the top or open like a normal hinged door or casement window. Excellent ventilation even when it rains.

When I first came across one of those doors in Europe earlier this year I thought it was broken and falling off its hinges. Once it was explained to me I wished they were available here in the US.

When I first came across one of those doors in Europe earlier this year I thought it was broken and falling off its hinges. Once it was explained to me I wished they were available here in the US.

I know what you mean. The first time I accidentally opened the balcony door of my hotel in the tilt mode I thought it was going to fall on my head. They're really heavy and well made.

hahaha same experience here.
At a hotel in Berlin, I was opening the windows, and I thought I broke them.
I was like, NO!!!!! lol

Nice faucet, by the way!

Back