Fanaticum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
These are first-time-blooming seedlings.
This particular remake (micranthum 'War Eagle' HCC/AOS x malipoense 'Ruth') was done by Windy Hill Gardens and I bought a few seedlings back in 2016. They were quite small at the time, but they have grown well.
Still in their 2.5inch tall plastic pot.
Two more seedlings to bloom. One looks to be getting ready and no news on the last one yet.

Both flowers have same color patterns. The shape/size of their pouch are markedly different.
One has a large inflated (too bad about the dents) pouch and the other one has a flattened donut or tire shape.

Will share entire plant shots when ready. One has a short neck while the other one has a lot longer inflorescence. No fragrance. Fun looking flowers to enjoy! :)

xDbTRADl.jpg

RkxpUsEl.jpg

Paph. Fanaticum is a very good hybrid and your duo looks really good. Well done. If I had to choose one I would go for #2.

I like them both, and are happy, that I do not have to choose! ;)

Remarkable - and instructive the differences in shape and colouring. Thx for posting - Looking forward to see the outcome, when the other siblings flower!

Leslie

Here is what the first one looked like in low bud back in March 29. So, in just two months, it shot up to 40cm tall tower.
Before the bud was visible, the sheath was there for at least two three months only very slowly rising above the center.
Still, nothing like any of micranthum or malipoense I've bloomed. :)

0wcPSoWl.jpg

Leslie

Here is what the first one looked like in low bud back in March 29. So, in just two months, it shot up to 40cm tall tower.
Before the bud was visible, the sheath was there for at least two three months only very slowly rising above the center.
Still, nothing like any of micranthum or malipoense I've bloomed. :)

0wcPSoWl.jpg
Thanks for the info. I have 3 of these and two have the sheath that are teasing me with no buds. So patiently I am waiting LOL.

Thanks for the info. I have 3 of these and two have the sheath that are teasing me with no buds. So patiently I am waiting LOL.

Well, I've had my share of disaster with Fanaticum. My first three plants all took months with their sheath sitting low to finally blast on me. One these bloomed last fall with a pretty good result and the other two are now starting another round of sheaths in about two years. So, fingers crossed!

Back