Fairrieanum albums Trio

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leslie, these are very beautiful ones and by the shape of the pouch I would assume that they are siblings and from the same cross. Right?
I can't get enough seeing these green beauties. Congrats
According to G. BRAEM is the name of the true album form P. fairrieanum forma bohlmannianum

Thanks all.
Yes these are siblings, originally from Hung Sheng. I had 10, auction one off to charity, spiked 6 of them but 3 blasted (not sure why yet as I am still new at these).
Overall flowers are narrow esp the lip but I kinda like what they do with there twists and turns. It is such a pleasure to look and study them with their nuances and coloration.
And yes they are the var bolmannianums. Thanks for the clarification Guru.

It's the first year I am growing them. Ask me again next year LOL. But thanks for the compliments. I attribute my success this year to Theresa Hill who has emailed me care instructions as well as the posts she has made on here.

"Oh, God!" was all he could stutter, while he thought of old Solomon: "Jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire, which hath a most vehement flame"!

A beautifull trio, Indeed! :):mad::);)

Newer taxonomists would probably think more in terms of a colour form, than see it as a variant, as there are no morphological difference from the typical form, i.e. P. fairrieanum fma. bohlmannianum - as, by the way, Guru first stated! (Braem would, though, probably, have severely and vehemently objected to any use of the term 'album' in this context, botanically reserved for pure white flowers. He would, I think, instead prefer to talk of an albino form).

Last edited:
It's the first year I am growing them. Ask me again next year LOL. But thanks for the compliments. I attribute my success this year to Theresa Hill who has emailed me care instructions as well as the posts she has made on here.
I would sure love to see Ms. Hill’s instructions. I have 15 flasklings coming up on a year out of flask...the one advice I’ve been able to glean is never let them dry out.

Latest posts

Back