Fairrieanum ‘Geishas of Japan’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:p :p :p

Your new camera is really a delight, Leslie ...razor sharp details! Although, I can't decide whether I actually want to get that close to the fairrie? 😁
However, had I been a fly or some other insectoid polinator, I would probably have fallen madly i love with those dark, dark eyes with the heavy eyelids and the seductive, green eyeshadow! 😍😍

dave sarkowsky had a bunch of these a while back...reminds me of christmas candy looking at it from a distance....such a great flower!! is it flies that pollinate this one?

Your new camera is really a delight, Leslie ...razor sharp details! Although, I can't decide whether I actually want to get that close to the fairrie? 😁
However, had I been a fly or some other insectoid polinator, I would probably have fallen madly i love with those dark, dark eyes with the heavy eyelids and the seductive, green eyeshadow! 😍😍
It is quite a micro world we rarely see in the perspective of the pollinator, which I think is a fly of sorts.

With so many colors, hairs and 'party flavors', the pollinators must be dizzy from the visual feast, falling into the flower's trap of rapture or death. It's like going into a night club with promise of fun and dates, and getting trap in a maze where you may not come out alive. Quite a macabre genus!

You have such a way with words to describe such a beautiful flower!

Back