Fairrieanum ‘Geishas of Japan’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Guldal

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
:p :p :p

Your new camera is really a delight, Leslie ...razor sharp details! Although, I can't decide whether I actually want to get that close to the fairrie? 😁
However, had I been a fly or some other insectoid polinator, I would probably have fallen madly i love with those dark, dark eyes with the heavy eyelids and the seductive, green eyeshadow! 😍😍

troy

Reaction score
dave sarkowsky had a bunch of these a while back...reminds me of christmas candy looking at it from a distance....such a great flower!! is it flies that pollinate this one?

Guldal

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
dave sarkowsky had a bunch of these a while back...reminds me of christmas candy looking at it from a distance....such a great flower!! is it flies that pollinate this one?
I don't know the pollinator, hence the expression 'fly or some other insectoid pollinator' ;)

DrLeslieEe

Collector of new, rare and albino paph species
ST Supporter
Reaction score

Your new camera is really a delight, Leslie ...razor sharp details! Although, I can't decide whether I actually want to get that close to the fairrie? 😁
However, had I been a fly or some other insectoid polinator, I would probably have fallen madly i love with those dark, dark eyes with the heavy eyelids and the seductive, green eyeshadow! 😍😍
It is quite a micro world we rarely see in the perspective of the pollinator, which I think is a fly of sorts.

With so many colors, hairs and 'party flavors', the pollinators must be dizzy from the visual feast, falling into the flower's trap of rapture or death. It's like going into a night club with promise of fun and dates, and getting trap in a maze where you may not come out alive. Quite a macabre genus!

southernbelle

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score

You have such a way with words to describe such a beautiful flower!

Rockbend

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
My longest lasting Paph. flower was a P. fairrieanum that started in early December and finally crashed in mid-March. Hasn't done that since, I guess conditions were perfect for flower longevity that year!

Latest posts