Expensive lil tyke

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The seller has a couple of big price paphs.

I'm not going tol laugh at the price though until a professional has explained why they're so expensive :)

Oh, I'm not laughing, I imagine that it's so expensive because they are probably not often seen.

I'd probably kill something so little quite easily.

I am sorta laughing..nervously...but as you say they're probably extremely rare...and if I had the money I think I would.. xDD

I must be getting jaded, that seems pretty reasonable for something you don't see that often. Someone wanna buy that and send it to me?

You guys should come live in Japan for a while and your attitude about prices will change. When I came here in 2002 I felt that paying even $50 for a plant, no matter how rare or beautiful, was a bit outrageous. Now after living here for over 5 years and collecting all kinds of collectable orchids, $50 is the normal price for a nice plant, and the really good stuff costs at least $150 (and on up into the thousands if it is really special). Changes in perception are funny!

Those are some awesome plant he is selling!!! Just have to wish that I got the money to buy them.:(

Ramon:)

That's Boscha Popow ebay. The prices are right to my mind...

Well ,
if you see this one at an orchid show in the USA for that price,
and if you don't spit on it really fast to claim it, don't you even blink about the price, because when you open your eye, another buyer would already own the plant.

You guys should come live in Japan for a while and your attitude about prices will change. When I came here in 2002 I felt that paying even $50 for a plant, no matter how rare or beautiful, was a bit outrageous. Now after living here for over 5 years and collecting all kinds of collectable orchids, $50 is the normal price for a nice plant, and the really good stuff costs at least $150 (and on up into the thousands if it is really special). Changes in perception are funny!
You are so right. In my country the usual unnamed hybrid from Holland in an ordinary flower shop costs $40. If you want something with the name and good quality it will cost around $ 60. Something absolutely special - not less than two hundred dollars. So, lucky those, who can buy such plants at such "expensive" price.

Latest posts

Back