Exiled Exuls Return Home

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is fantastic news. If this is a military protected site, then I can have a little sigh of relief. Hopefully bad elements of the military are not trying to take advantage for their own benefit. Roth's concern worries me a bit, but hopefully this excercise was supervised by knowledgeable orchidists in Thailand.

The Navy has been informed that if they would like to get some exul, they can visit Krabi club to get a much better looking one than stealing from the site.

:rollhappy::rollhappy::rollhappy:

I am not sure.
But I think most of them are wild dug plants.
As the reasons that there are very few success in propagation of exul so far.

What is your concern, Rick?

I wouldn't call it a concern rather than knowledge added.

We have had lots of discusions about the success and failure of reintroduction programs. This one looks to be making some good progress. If the returning plants were seed propagated then that would be even better progress than more simple repatriation of wild dug plants, and could be a learning tool for other programs in other countries.

I have found it very easy to get seed and germination of exul. But have not had good luck with raising seedlings to blooming size. But that was before I changed my fertilizing system with low potassium. I have a handful of seedlings left from a previous breeding that are responding well to this nutrition change.

I wouldn't call it a concern rather than knowledge added.

We have had lots of discusions about the success and failure of reintroduction programs. This one looks to be making some good progress. If the returning plants were seed propagated then that would be even better progress than more simple repatriation of wild dug plants, and could be a learning tool for other programs in other countries.

I have found it very easy to get seed and germination of exul. But have not had good luck with raising seedlings to blooming size. But that was before I changed my fertilizing system with low potassium. I have a handful of seedlings left from a previous breeding that are responding well to this nutrition change.

There have not been many successful artificial propagation here.

Not only the germination but also pollination, especially for the good looking ones. How bad? :(:(:(

Would be good if you can advise some technique.
Thx!

:smitten::smitten::smitten::smitten::smitten:

Haha I like it too.
Well trained Navis

Thanks for visiting all of you.

:clap::clap::clap:

bd3rsgr2.jpg

Latest posts

Back