Exiled Exuls Return Home

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poozcard

Reaction score
Last week, Krabi club of paph. growers hosed the event of returning P.exul to their home. Please find below the link for the whole story and photos.

http://kerpkerp.blogspot.com/

:rollhappy::rollhappy::rollhappy:

J10942071-1.jpg

Thanks Eric. Great post. But I don't see anybody all wet in the photos. :poke:

Nice to see a good effort to reintroduce a species in the wild / specific habitat. It's an intersting read and good to see that plants are establishing themselves. Now we can only hope that the natural polination that took place also results in natural germination.

Btw, I so want this species in my collection. :p

Wish our Navy would behave in a similar fashion.

Are these being planted in the "wild" forest or is this in a garden type forest?

It is a hill facing andaman sea within military area.
I believe it is almost the same as where I have seen exul/nivemu/leuco and its natural hybrids growing naturally.

This is the picture of the area taken from the sea, i can find from internet.

kbi_0400.jpg

I am glad to inform that this year 1,684 clumps have been planted.
In total, there are more than 4,000 clumps of exul are planted so far.

I am glad to inform that this year 1,684 clumps have been planted.
In total, there are more than 4,000 clumps of exul are planted so far.

Do you know if any of the plants are from seed grown stock, or are they all wild dug plants getting put back after a few years in local cultivation?

Do you know if any of the plants are from seed grown stock, or are they all wild dug plants getting put back after a few years in local cultivation?

I am not sure.
But I think most of them are wild dug plants.
As the reasons that there are very few success in propagation of exul so far.

What is your concern, Rick?

I am not sure.
But I think most of them are wild dug plants.
As the reasons that there are very few success in propagation of exul so far.

What is your concern, Rick?

My comment, if they took the peninsular exul to put them on the island it is a big screw up. There are many insular exul that looks like if they had been bred with insigne, different flowers. The insular exul is really different.

My comment, if they took the peninsular exul to put them on the island it is a big screw up. There are many insular exul that looks like if they had been bred with insigne, different flowers. The insular exul is really different.

Hi Roth

It is interesting!
Could you share some pictures of those different lookings.
Thx

This is fantastic news. If this is a military protected site, then I can have a little sigh of relief. Hopefully bad elements of the military are not trying to take advantage for their own benefit. Roth's concern worries me a bit, but hopefully this excercise was supervised by knowledgeable orchidists in Thailand.

Latest posts

Back