Evidence

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
...that, at least in this life, I should really not even attempt growing other plants.

My fuschia, or, what's left of it. Oops. :(

img0401zv6.jpg

Watering it would help. Maybe the problem is you're treating it like a Fuschia when Fuchsia culture is called for. Just a thought.
xgrinnod.gif

Well--it does seem to be true for me that once you start with orchids, you don't much notice your other plants anymore.

It sure looks like a gonner to me. If you wanna replace it you can usually find bigguns this late in the season at nurseries for less than half price if you're willing to take what's left over.

I keep hearing pleurothallild growers say the best way to grow Masdevallia coccinea is to treat it like a fuchsia. This probably is not what they mean.

My fuschia is growing just fine...low/medium light, water every other day, relatively cool. Of course, it drops old leaves/blooms all over the bedroom, but that's nothing a little dustbusting can't solve.

Fuschia did great in sunny S. California. But keeping in mind that along the coastal areas it rarely got into the 90's. Everybody may be croaking them this summer.

Very popular in hanging baskets on porches and patios. They did suck down the water though.

Latest posts

Back