Ever wanted to name a cross?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlefrog

Hop-meister
Reaction score
Name me: (Paph. fowlei x parishii)
fowlei_x_parishii2.jpg

OK, here is the deal. Heather says I can contribute the proceeds of this little game to the forum, so that is how it will work. The rules:

1. You can name this cross whatever you want, subject to the RHS naming conventions.
2. You may not name it after me or my business (hey, I have plenty of my own registrations, use a little creativity, people).
3. High bid wins. Bidding closes next Monday, unless we don't feel like stopping... Go ahead and bid in this thread, and propose your name in the post so we can all have a little fun.
4. If you win, pay Heather the whole amount. I will donate the cost of registration, fill out the forms, and submit the registration for you.

Of course if the RHS has already accepted a registration for this grex (why anybody else would have made this cross is beyond me) by the time I submit it, we will have to start over with another grex... I'm sure I'll find something.

That would be really cool... especially with Christmas coming up, maybe I'll have to get this as a gift for someone. My grandparents have been great benefactors... I bet that they'd love to have an orchid named after them. Of course, I'd have to buy some seedlings, too.

This just means that I'm going to have to out-snipe Marco :)

I really would like to register one of my Own crosses first, though...

- Matthew

Rob, are you giving the plant to the winner???? Or are you keeping it for yourself?

I'm still thinking of a name...but I'd be more inclined to bid if I get a plant out of it too.

All you Matt you need to duke that one out with the other bidders. I'm broke till next paycheck. Anyway, if I was to name id name it something silly like "yomomma" or "who's you're daddy?" :)

ScottMcC said:
Rob, are you giving the plant to the winner???? Or are you keeping it for yourself?

I'm still thinking of a name...but I'd be more inclined to bid if I get a plant out of it too.
Excellent idea. I will give the pictured plant to the winner of the 'auction'. I may have a few more of them (one more, anyway) somewhere, but not a whole lot.

$20.00
Paph. Pluto's Revenge

It does look like a little purple extraterrestrial doesn't it ;) .

(I was toying with Paph. Paris Peafowl :poke: )

Latest posts

Back