Ever have one of those days....

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TADD

Rootless Wonder
Reaction score
Well today my first period sophomore government class was going crazy this morning. I mean wouldn't be quiet and get to work on their review questions. I kept asking them to settle down and chill, but they wouldn't. I never have any issues like this in my class. My kids are awesome, but I was sure they had drinken some crack juice or something this morning. I slowly began to simmer quickly reaching my boiling point and was about to raise my voice at the incessant chatter. One of my girls said "Mr. D just hold on a second" as I was about to erupt.... The whole class stood up and one of my guys told me how much they appreciated me as a teacher and how much they loved my class etc... and he hands me a brand new iPod, they all chipped in on, and bought for me. I couldn't believe it I was in shock... I got teary eyed and was actually speechless, which they responded was the first time ever.... Then I got a bunch of hugs from them and the rest of the day was awesome. I am still floating from them!

That is awesome Tadd. I know the feeling as I used to teach in Japan. Being appreciated by your students is one of the most rewarding feelings you can get! I truly miss the days of teaching, but then again am continuing to do so through orchid lectures and classes we offer at our shop... so in a way, I still practice a form of teaching! Sharing your knowledge with others is how we get places.

Congrats! Sounds like you have a great bunch of kids!

People always ask why anyone would ever want to become a teacher....I can't think of a better explanation for why than this post....Congratulations! Take care, Eric

Latest posts

Back