Even another new growth!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cearbhael

Reaction score
As everyone knows, I have been jumping for joy due to new growth in my Phrags I received from Ecuagenera last March! I have now found just the tiniest speck of very bright green at the base of my Single growth of Phrag Longifolium! I search for new growth daily, and then I glance at my deceased Fritz Schomberg and remind myself that I will have to be diligent on keeping them cool this summer! That was a very painful lesson watching Fritz Schomberg die (and so many of other growths in every pot except Ecuagenera Gigi). I really don’t want to see the positive growth stutter and die in summer heat!

I had bought the two Species Phrag Pierciei and Phrag Longifolium for my sister for her Birthday. She lost her husband to COVID however and was too despondent to want to care for them. I brought them here. They are now mine

My Phrags sit in 2” of water (1/3 tap, 2/3 Distilled and a small amount of fertiliser.) They suck that water up like crazy! I need to refresh it every other day so they don’t dry out! I do flush the Phrags once a week with my tap water that is very hard (lime/Calcium) It flushes out salts. Gives them a taste of water similar to the water where Kovachii and Besseae are found. I am very careful. I will actually be even more careful now with the new babies!

I had bought the two Species Phrag Pierciei and Phrag Longifolium for my sister for her Birthday. She lost her husband to COVID however and was too despondent to want to care for them. I brought them here. They are now mine
So sorry for your sister’s loss. These are hard times for many.

Thank you for your well wishes. She is doing a lot better now, her current plants are doing well.

OMG! Both Longifolium and Ecuagenera Gigi have ANOTHER NEW Growth!! Pardon for yelling but it makes me so happy!!! So Ecuagenera Gigi now has 2 med growths and 2 tiny growths! Longifolium has 2 tiny growths! So 6 babies on only 2 Phrags! Plus 1 tiny growth on Hannah Popow and 2 on Ecuagenera Dream!

OMG! Both Longifolium and Ecuagenera Gigi have ANOTHER NEW Growth!! Pardon for yelling but it makes me so happy!!! So Ecuagenera Gigi now has 2 med growths and 2 tiny growths! Longifolium has 2 tiny growths! So 6 babies on only 2 Phrags! Plus 1 tiny growth on Hannah Popow and 2 on Ecuagenera Dream!

I bought three phrags from Ecuagenera in October, and they all have new growth since I got them too! I'm so impressed with them.

Adding my condolences for your family's loss.

I just looked at mine this morning (Kovachii cross). It has seven, and maybe 8 new growths. I totally think I am going to feel the other shoe plunk down. because I did something wrong.
DSC01336.JPG

Wonderful to share other new growths coming along! I am currently laying plans to protect my Phrags from hot weather! Determined not to repeat last summer!

Latest posts

Back