Eulophia nuda

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lienluu

en.jpg

Gideon said:
Nice one Lien, could you post pics of the plant please?

Yup, will take pics in 2 seconds, but there's not much to see!! it's just an ugly bulb and a new growth starting.

Gideon said:
Nice one Lien, could you post pics of the plant please?

Here you go!

en2.jpg

Does any one know anything else about this plant? I just know it's used for medicinal purposes but could not find much else on it. I couldn't even find a photo of it online!

Cool species!
I've got a small collection of Eulophias from when I was into collecting them. Most of the species are very difficult to find info about online, and even harder to find for sale. What were you wanting to know? (I don't know this species though, but I'll try to find you some answers)

Jon
________
Sell Vaporizers

Last edited:
Jon in SW Ohio said:
Cool species!
I've got a small collection of Eulophias from when I was into collecting them. Most of the species are very difficult to find info about online, and even harder to find for sale. What were you wanting to know? (I don't know this species though, but I'll try to find you some answers)

Jon

Can't find any info on this species, other than that it is a medicinal plant, but i can't even find what it is used for!

"E. nuda Lindl.: The tubers have been used in India to treat tumors, scrofulous glands, blood disorders, bronchitis, and tuberculosis, and as a vermifuge ([long list of sources])"

Source: Lawler, L.J. "Ethnobotany of the Orchidaceae." In Orchid Biology, Reviews and Perspectives, III, edited by J. Arditti, 27-149. Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press, 1984.

--Stephen

silence882 said:
"E. nuda Lindl.: The tubers have been used in India to treat tumors, scrofulous glands, blood disorders, bronchitis, and tuberculosis, and as a vermifuge ([long list of sources])"

Source: Lawler, L.J. "Ethnobotany of the Orchidaceae." In Orchid Biology, Reviews and Perspectives, III, edited by J. Arditti, 27-149. Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press, 1984.

--Stephen

Thanks Stephen!

Thanks Lien, Interesting bulbs, I wanted to see how it differs from my Eulophia petersii...and indeed it is very different

Latest posts

Back