esquirolei

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phraggy

Reaction score
Very pleased with this first flowering,
The difference in the bloom from the 1st day of opening to the 7th day is unbelievable.

Ed.

Attachments

• DSC00298.JPG
    DSC00298.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC00294.JPG
    DSC00294.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 66
These are usually good size flowers too. Very nice:clap:

How cool do you get your esquirolei down to Phraggy?

I've had some clumps from different sources for several years (including a bunch of seedlings from some past breedings), and haven't seen any blooms in the last 2 or so years (although the plants are growing like crazy). Over the years I've bumped my winter low set point up from about mid 50's to low 60's. However Slipperking Rick bloomed out one of my seedlings last year, and being down in Houston I don't think his greenhouse gets any cooler.

The pics are about six months apart. So the one below was
from an earlier bloom but same plant?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Very floriferous!! Rick, a buddy of mine lived in florida, and said an esqurollei that was planted in the ground there bloomed every year, and grew very well under regular florida weather, not too cold

These are usually good size flowers too. Very nice:clap:

How cool do you get your esquirolei down to Phraggy?

I've had some clumps from different sources for several years (including a bunch of seedlings from some past breedings), and haven't seen any blooms in the last 2 or so years (although the plants are growing like crazy). Over the years I've bumped my winter low set point up from about mid 50's to low 60's. However Slipperking Rick bloomed out one of my seedlings last year, and being down in Houston I don't think his greenhouse gets any cooler.

Funny thing Rick I grow this on a heated sand bed with my multiflorals. The temp doesn't go down any lower than 13c at nights and rises considerably when the beds kick in for 8hrs per day.
Ed

The pics are about six months apart. So the one below was
from an earlier bloom but same plant?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
It's probably 6 days not months. Nice job blooming!

Oops! Didn't see your post Ed when I commented 6 days.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back