Erythrone's garden 2016

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow, quite a collection and you're quite a good photographer too.

This is a very nice flower, kind of look like an orchids. Is is hard to keep? Also any pics of your beaufitul ensata? I guess they bloom later for you because of the colder climate?

Hi Daniella! This Ariaseama candidissima is close to our native Jack in the pulpit, but needs a well drained soil, more sun and is not as cold hardy. Actually, it is supposed to be a USDA zone 6 plant. I planted it deeply in the soil. Each fall I put a few fir branches on the soil for winter protection. As for many other Asian Arisaemas, the plant doesn't show up early... In our garden, this species is the latest to awake in late June!

As for Japanese Irises, the first ones opened a few days ago. Yes, they bloom much later than in the Montreal region. I don't know if I will take a lot of pics of them this year. I even didn't edit pictures of many JI in the last few years!!!

This cinquefoil is a cute little perennial
Potentilla x hopwoodiana web by Erythrone, sur Flickr

Intersectorial hybrids and late bloomers
Paeonia Lemon Dream web by Erythrone, sur Flickr

Paeonia Barzella 2 web by Erythrone, sur Flickr

Called Yellow Loosestrife in English, Lysimaque terrestre in French. Lysimachia terrestris is a native I've found near a cultivated area in our woodlot. The lovely long spike of this one reminds me Eremurus
Lysimachia terrestris web by Erythrone, sur Flickr

Azalea Millenium is a not often seen summer blooming azalea. Very cold hardy and a good bloomer. Looks a lot like Azalea Parade.
Azalea Millenium web by Erythrone, sur Flickr

Wow, I didn't know that it is so cold there! I'm in zone 2b, and it is a struggle to get perennial garden going. I try new species every year, but at least a half of them don't make it. I'm gradually increasing the variety in the garden, and I should try some of the ones you have.

Wow, I didn't know that it is so cold there! I'm in zone 2b, and it is a struggle to get perennial garden going. I try new species every year, but at least a half of them don't make it. I'm gradually increasing the variety in the garden, and I should try some of the ones you have.

We are fortunate to have a reliable snow cover... Guess you have heavy snowfalls were you live?

Latest posts

Back