Erythrone's garden 2016

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of beauties flowering again, bravo !!!! Do you experience that Azaleas, Rhodos are not doing good this time ?? Mine are extremely frustrating this year as far as flowering is concerned :(:( ! Jean

Lots of beauties flowering again, bravo !!!! Do you experience that Azaleas, Rhodos are not doing good this time ?? Mine are extremely frustrating this year as far as flowering is concerned :(:( ! Jean

Well, actually I think it could be a pretty good year in 2016... But there are always damage in many Rhodies in our very cold climate. I must accept the brown foliage of many... The buds are often frustrating ... But not that much this year.. About deciduous ones (Azaleas), many could be very nice because the buds have not been eaten by deers, ruffed grouses or wild turkeys last Winter. I tried a new repellent called bobbex and put many metalllic flag repellent for birds... If there is no longer late frosts, many shrubs could be beautiful. The blooming season is only beginning here!!! Early lilacs just opened a few days ago!

I am surprised you wrote Azaleas and Rhodies are not doing well under your climate. Was the last winter very cold in your country?

My azaleas haven't done well this year because of all the rain. Rhodies
in particular hate wet feet. Aza. Coral Bells did well because they are
slightly covered. Delaware and the Rhodies did jack squat. Well,
maybe floated a bit.

Well, actually I think it could be a pretty good year in 2016... But there are always damage in many Rhodies in our very cold climate. I must accept the brown foliage of many... The buds are often frustrating ... But not that much this year.. About deciduous ones (Azaleas), many could be very nice because the buds have not been eaten by deers, ruffed grouses or wild turkeys last Winter. I tried a new repellent called bobbex and put many metalllic flag repellent for birds... If there is no longer late frosts, many shrubs could be beautiful. The blooming season is only beginning here!!! Early lilacs just opened a few days ago!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I am surprised you wrote Azaleas and Rhodies are not doing well under your climate. Was the last winter very cold in your country?

All these last years my azaleas did pretty well, my Rhodos did well !!!! But this year's flowering is very low down to zero :( !! We had almost no winter here, few rain these last months, with a rather cold period beginning of April.
Imo the plants had not enough rain!!

Jean

Latest posts

Back