Erythrone gardens

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iris ensata Center of Attention. The first JI to flower this year
IrisensataCenterofAttention_web.jpg

Iris ensata Dragon Mane. A magnificient and very large bloom
IrisenstaDragonMane_web.jpg

IrisenstaDragonMane2_web.jpg

Wisteria Blue Moon. Not very impressive, but it is its first blooming
WisteriaBlueMoon_web.jpg

Iris ensata Blue Beauty (I am not sure it is the true Blue Beauty. Many JI on the market are grown from seeds and if so the seedlings must not be called like their parents.
IrisensataBlueBeauty_web.jpg

Lilium (Asiatic group lily)
Liliumasiatique_web.jpg

Iris ensata Dirigo Red Rocket
IrisensataDirigoRedRocket1_web.jpg

IrisensataDirigoRedRocket_web_modifi-1.jpg

Iris spuria Struttin
IrisspuriaStruttin_web.jpg

Phlomis viscosa
Phlomisviscosa_web.jpg

Phlomisviscosa2_web.jpg

Eryngium giganteum
Eryngiumgiganteum_web-1.jpg

Campanula takesimana Plum Wine. Nice bloom, nice dark foliage. Very cute, but invasive.
CampanulatakesimanaPlumWine_web.jpg

:clap: Total feast for the eyes!

Love Echinacea Double Scoop Orangeberry:smitten: Haven't heard of it before; the color is wonderful!

Oh yes, and while it's really hard to pick favorites because everything you show us is so beautiful.... I also lust for that Iris ensata Dragon Mane :smitten:

I had to have a Japanese Iris, so I picked up a pink one at our local nursery. No name, just "Ensata hybrid". :D Now I need to find room for it. :eek:

How are you growing your Dactyl. maculata?

With rhodies. Dapple shade. Well drained rich soil, pH less than 6.4.

Are they in a bog setting with the Ensata/Kampferi iris?

Yes and no... almost all my JI are grown in pots, but the pots sit almost always in water (1 to 3 inches deep... sometimes more). I remorved the pots from the "pool" in fall and give them a protection from winter frost.

Unfortunatly I discoverd many thrips in flower buds dans many buds blasted. I neglected to remove the dead foliage last spring....

Back