Erythrone Gardens 2013

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not so much snow, but a lot of rain in a short period. Our property is on a small river. When it floods as much as it did this year, it takes about 3 weeks for the water to recede back into its banks. So with all the flood water, the mosquito hatching this year was enormous.

I see.

Do you have a lot of small black flies and deer flies where you live?

Yes.

Did you ever buy plant from them?

Yes.
This year, I got Arisaema thunbergii ssp. urashima Dominatrix Jack-in-the-Pulpit from them 3-4 weeks ago. It was dormant when I planted it; hopefully it'll be coming up soon. (I also got some trilliums, Anemonella, variegated lily of valley, epimedium and Japanese woodland peony).

Last year, I ordered a Cyp Hank Small from them for $40. They called me and told me they didn't like the quality of the plant, and substituted it for a $70 Ursel (that's what I call good customer service). The plant came in bloom. Last summer was really hot. This year, one shoot, no flower; hopefully next year I'll have flowers.

I see.

Do you have a lot of small black flies and deer flies where you live?

Lots of deer flies -- they have a very obnoxious bite. Mosquito bites, I can get over after several minutes, but deer fly bites itch for several days.

The black flies are further north. Do you have them?

Where did you get your Anemone nemorosa alba plena from? I was so inspired, I searched on the web for a vendor. I bought some close relations from Arrowhead Alpine ("blue eyes", "Bracteata Pleniflora" & "vestal"). Even worse, I discovered they have a 20% off sale on epimediums: http://www.arrowheadalpines.com/shop...x&cPath=65_105

(ack, I spent over $100 on epimediums!)

I think I get it from Fraser Thimble Farm (Canada) many years ago

Lovely plants and great pictures!!!

The duck is great too! (I do not think I have ever seen a duck sitting on a tree branch!!)

Latest posts

Back