Erythrone Gardens 2013

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You make me want to fight the mosquitoes and go photograph in my garden. Almost. The mosquitoes are horrendous this year.

You make me want to fight the mosquitoes and go photograph in my garden. Almost. The mosquitoes are horrendous this year.

Interesting- in DC it's been colder than usual, the mosquitoes aren't bad yet. But I was in Boston last weekend, and even though it's also been a cool spring, the mosquitoes were already out. I wonder if the DC mosquitoes are more cold susceptible...

Beautiful pictures and beautiful plants. I particularly like the Black Helleborus!(sp)

It is amazing how resistant N. Tête à Tête is to both heat and cold - I grow them here in zone 9! Love your multiplex bloodroot too - fantastic flowering on those. Also adore the Jeffersonnia. Quite a garden you've got.

Amazing is the word! I think it is one of the best spring bulb!

So you have a garden in zone 9!! It is strange we can grow the same plants! Are you able to grow Sanguinaria?

Amazing is the word! I think it is one of the best spring bulb!

So you have a garden in zone 9!! It is strange we can grow the same plants! Are you able to grow Sanguinaria?

Yes, and many of the plants you have shown in your pictures can live and even thrive here. What is really odd about this place is I can grow some subtropical stuff too, including the staghorn fern, Platycerium bifurcatum, and many epiphytic orchids - Neofinetia and many Dendrobiums are rock solid here.

Strange! Why do you think you have so much mosquitoes this year? Did you received a lot of rain an snow in the last months?
Not so much snow, but a lot of rain in a short period. Our property is on a small river. When it floods as much as it did this year, it takes about 3 weeks for the water to recede back into its banks. So with all the flood water, the mosquito hatching this year was enormous.

Latest posts

Back