Epi. nocturnum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streetmorrisart

Reaction score
Anyone else here obsessed by night-fragrant orchids needs one of these--wonderful vanilla scent, blooms for the better part of the year. I think this is going to be its last blossom for awhile, but there were points over the summer when it had a flower on each lead (it's a sequential bloomer). It’s not flashy, but it’s in my top ten nonetheless:

epiphoto.jpg

One of my favs too!!
Great fragrance, summer flowering season (when blooms can be scarce), and when happy, can rebloom from old leads. Specimen plants can put on quite a show.
Thanks for the great photo.

charlie c

Thanks, guys! It’s safe to say this easy-grower likes me—this is the first year it hasn’t bloomed from the oldest of its seven growths. Had it for four years maybe?

I’d be happy to have this thread “hijacked” with suggestions of lesser-known night-fragrant orchids.

It’s about 10” tall and the furthest thing from rambling in growth habit; it’s time to nestle it into a 6” slat basket, but that took a long time. It is, to say the least, low maintenance—got to have at least some of those.

It’s in relatively humid and breezy conditions in my north bedroom windows with CFls in the vicinity—this almost hangs above them actually. There are no trees obstructing the windows though. I think it amounts to the lower end of brightish indirect light overall. I also have a C. luteola that blooms in this exposure. All the others reasonably like it are facing west though. It's really not very picky at all.

Back