Epc. Florida 'Pine Knot'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Candace

Reaction score
I bought this one as a tiny seedling(clone) in 2003 and is finally large enough to bloom for the first time for me. It threw up 2 fake sheaths, taunting me the last couple of years and I was starting to give it the stink eye. It was so long ago that I bought it, I couldn't remember what drew me to it to begin with. It's got a somewhat wonky dorsal on one of the flowers but the lip is brilliant and the flowers are very large. So, all in all I'm liking it.

Candace

Reaction score
Thanks guys. It will have more flowers when it blooms next time. Jean, the flowers are 4" x 4" which is pretty large for epicats.

One parent is C. dowiana, I learned. Since I have a bad time with the parent, it figures the child would give me a little grief, too.

Candace

Reaction score
Only one of the flowers has a wonky dorsal-the one that just happened to be facing the best way to photograph. From what I understand as it gets older it will have 4-5 flowers per spike. But I've also learned it's a very fussy plant to grow, a trait handed down from the dowiana parent.

Latest posts