eOrchids Paph Collection

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'd better hurry before I buy them and up the price on you! :poke:

Why don't you get an R.O. system? After 10 -20 productions of 15 gallons it will have paid for itself!

It's coming!

I do have an R.O system. Those fifteen gallons holds my R.O water.

I use R/O too, and fill up gallon jugs like you do. Unfortunately, I don't have a tidy shelf to hold them so there are always empty gallon containers strewn all over the house...

I use R/O too, and fill up gallon jugs like you do. Unfortunately, I don't have a tidy shelf to hold them so there are always empty gallon containers strewn all over the house...

You know Justin, you could get a shelf and have organized water gallons at the bottom and more roths at the top!

I'm just saying.... :evil:

Here is also a picture of my grow area:

Two questions (I realize they have probably been asked and answered but I'm too lazy to read the other 15 pages of this thread):

1. What lights are you using over the Paphs? I'm surprised they don't have leaf burn being so close.

2. How often do you water and do you make an effort to keep the humidity around the plants high?

I'm growing my plants indoors over the winter (some sensitive new additions from Orchid Inn USA which I don't want to get too wet over winter) in front of a window. I'm flushing the plants once a week and then letting them dry out between waterings. The plants sit as a group in a tray with some gravel and water in the bottom to keep the humidity high.

1. What lights are you using over the Paphs? I'm surprised they don't have leaf burn being so close.

2. How often do you water and do you make an effort to keep the humidity around the plants high?

1) 2 T12 - one 3100K and one 6500k flourescent tube light. They don't get hot after being left on for hours. I also have natural sunlight come through the windows.

2) Once a week. Nope, my apartment is usually between 60 - 75% humidity.

I also run a fan during the evenings for a few hours.

You are a paph growing madman!!! I'm envious of your collection, great multis. Do you have any of those multiflorals bloom pics? I'm also an indoor grower, how high off your plants are the lights?

Thanks for your compliment!

None of my multifloral have been in bloom for a year or two!

Right now, they are outside. But when they are indoors, my lights are 12 - 24" above the plants.

Thanks, I also grow indoors my collection is under, "most of my beauties" in paph picture section, since that picture I've added. Multiflorals are hard to bloom, I've only bloomed two, I've been growing for three years. you have a badass collection, how long did it take you to collect all those?

Latest posts

Back