EnLightened Orchids Arrive

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today I received my order of paphs. from EnLightened Orchids. I was very pleased with both the size and quality of the plants. One of the nonbuded plants showed up in bud. Also a single growth plant was upgraded to one with a large start. Then on top of that he threw in a free seedling. Here is a photo of what I got.

cid_000501c730e94c3196e0383ce448-1.jpg

cid_000601c730e94c3407e0383ce448Mok.jpg

I just knew someone was going to ask that. On the left in the front is Paph Erika Potent (P. hookerae 'Brilliance' HCC/AOS x P. urbabianum 'Quebec' B/CSA. Then behind that is the large multigrowth plant. That one is Hawaii Wings (hennisianum 'Mauve Wings'x mastersianum 'Dominator'. In the middle is 3 delenatii (Amy's Challenge' AM/AOS x 'HsinMing' SM/TPS). On the right side is the free Vanda M Pearman in front, followed by the (P. Sierra Lance 'Chinying Hua' SM/TPS x P. fairrieanum 'Sosa' that is bare root.

looks like a nice haul and now we have another place to order more plants

Looks like they arrived just in time for supper! Is that MSU fertilizer in that glass? :)

To admit to our fallibility, another order of a plant in bud arrived in not so perfect condition. We're working to make good.

-Ernie

Ernie, I'm surprised to hear you are trying to make good on a spike or budded plant that did not make it. After all, we all know that a vendor can NOT guarantee the spike or bud arriving undamaged. It's just a chance we buyers take in order to have that flower sooner. You are going way beyond the point of a good vendor by offering any type of compensation. I believe others will agree with the above statement.

The Hawaii Wings appears to have beautifully glossy leaves. I'd be most interested to see how this and the hookerae cross flower. Nice haul.
Cheers,
Tim

Tim,

There are flower pix on the instant gratification page on our site. The plants Bob got are siblings of those pictured and we'd expect them to look pretty darn close (as those we've bloomed out have). Primaries (species x species) in general do that. Found the reference for the Hawaii Wings award to another sib of the OZ plants offered: Paph. Hawaii Wings 'Mae's Dance' HCC/AOS 77 pts AQ 37 v 2 p 124 2005. Cheers!

-Ernie

Bob in Albany said:
Ernie, I'm surprised to hear you are trying to make good on a spike or budded plant that did not make it. After all, we all know that a vendor can NOT guarantee the spike or bud arriving undamaged. It's just a chance we buyers take in order to have that flower sooner. You are going way beyond the point of a good vendor by offering any type of compensation. I believe others will agree with the above statement.

Just going the extra mile for some good folks.

-Ernie

They look like great healthy plants to me.

Can I ask a question though.......were they enlightened before they got there or were they enlightened after arrival?

Mwahahhahahahahaha.......sorry I have a bad sense of humour.

Back