Encyclia replicata GNYOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

pb2q

This Encyclia replicata was in the Hoosier Orchids display at the GNYOS. This one really caught my eye: 4-5 long multi-branched inflorescences just full of flowers.

I was using a friends pointandshoot and this display was encased so it was difficult for me to get good photos. I wanted a nice full frontal of one of the blooms but glare from the glass and the position of the plant kept me from it.

They weren't selling replicatas at the Hoosier table, though I did buy a lovely little blooming bractescens for a friend (from J&L).

Question: Can anyone recommend a good source for Encyclias, particularly blooming sized replicatas?

Thanks

(larger versions available: http://www.tesuji.org/~patrick/GNYOS07/)

EncycliaReplicata2_small.jpg

EncycliaReplicata1_small.jpg

EncycliaReplicata3.jpg

Thanks all for the welcome. Great forum here, I've been a daily lurker for a couple months now. Good combination of knowledge and clean site design. It's because of this forum that I picked up a besseae ('Haven' x 'Smokin') at GNYOS (from Lois Duffin, also bought one of their Eplc)

I did a quick search but didn't turn up replicata. You could try emailing these vendors, who seem to have quite a few Encyclia species for sale on their sites. You might get lucky and find one.

www.andysorchids.com
www.sborchid.com
www.oakhillgardens.com

One more thing. Redlands orchid show is coming up in Florida very soon. You might ask around and see if anyone is going and ask that they keep an eye out for one down there.

Mine just bloomed as well. I got mine when a friend went down to Ecuador and brought back a couple pieces of one thinking it was Encyclia cordigera.

It is a very easy grower, and there are a dozen related species that look nearly identical so don't restrict your search to just replicata.

IMG_3149.jpg

Jon

Latest posts

Back