Eggs...!!!!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

biothanasis

Hello all,

I have two apple snails and they (or one of them) decided to lay some eggs on the structure that holds the light fixture of my tank (how do you call it anyway???)!!! What do I do??? Should I keep them??? Should I through them away (although I think this is a pitty). Could I grow them and sell/give them to aquarium shops??? Plz give some advice here...!!!! Thanks!!!!

Attachments

• DSC00768.JPG
    DSC00768.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 27
I had apple snails once. I don't have any idea about the eggs. I would think leaving them alone and seeing what happens is best. Though your fish may eat any that hatch.

Funny story actually....
A buddy of mine kept finding those rock hard cones in his angelfish tank and couldn't figure out what they were. I assured him they weren't angelfish eggs and he swore there was nothing else in the tank and this freaked his girlfriend out a bit. Sure enough when I finally came over there were a couple golden apple snails he failed to mention. He now has about a dozen quarter sized snails that have grown from half a cone that broke off when he was trying to remove one of the mysterious alien masses.

Just leave them alone and as the eggs matures, the new baby snails will hatch and drop to the water and starts growing. And as soon as they are about a size of a dime, you can give it away or sell to pet shops. I use to raise them.

Ramon:)

Cool!!! Thge eggs are very close to the water surface and they get lots of humidity!!! So I will leave them be and see what happens...:D Thankyou guys!!!

Back