Quantcast

Ebay

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

A

ajintboo

Hi,
How about having a sub-forum or some such place where folks can discuss slippers listed on Ebay? I think Ebay could generate a few interesting discussions...just a thought.
Sarah

Candace

Reaction score
Look or post under vendor sales...really no sub-forum needed. Just start a thread.

NYEric

Reaction score
I find and have bought [on eBay means outbid others] on orchids from 3-4 sources. Springwater, John Chant [aka Bostonorchids], Orchidtn in tennesee, and Orchidblaine [orchids for the people]. So far no complaints. I have been outbid on a few that I would have loved but otherwise w/ up to date pictures of the [actual] plants you should have a fair idea of what you're getting. The only issue is the value. I got outbid $81/$65 for a Paph Dollgoldi w/ 12"+ leaves. I've seen that plant for much more from vendors.

bwester

Reaction score
dont worry eric, i got outbid on that same plant too

bwester

Reaction score
humingbirdhighway is good too. thats Jim Lawson

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
Orchidtn can be good but can also use the wrong photos, and I got an incorrect plant once and had sold it by the time it bloomed. It was nice tho.

Previously mentioned, Jack Schendowich is good - orchidpaphjack.

I'd have to look in my records for others.

bwester

Reaction score
dont listen to Heather, last time she got on ebay it was mail order with snail mail :poke:

L

lothianjavert

I've had both good and bad experiences on Ebay. I like Canbyorchid (Clackamas Orchids) They sell a lot of tiny flasklings, but the prices are great, and the plants are nice and healthy. I have an entire flock of extra baby ceratostylis rubra since he gives them out as "extras". Orchidtn I purchased one plant from and was very pleased, very well packed and HUGE and healthy. There was another vendor, can't remember which one, Shtief or Shermantp, from whom I purchased a laelia hybrid. It was in spike, and he accidentally broke the spike. He asked if I still wanted the plant, and even gave me a discount because of the broken spike. Wow. :)

Of course, Antec's stuff when they list on Ebay is wonderful. :) I've picked up a couple this fall. :)

I'm not thrilled with the Royal Orchid Club (Billasia). The plants are dessicated and tiny. :(

Per

Reaction score
Heather,
I just emailed Mr. Schendowich about the randsii, but he said he will not selling anymore; just so you know.

E

Eric Muehlbauer

All these guys you've mentioned are good....Springwater (Than Nguyen), Shtief, Orchidtn, Clackamas, ....also FM orchids, Carsonchase, Hillsview, Michael Tchong, and, hopefully more frequently, Hadley Cash. Take care, Eric

Per

Reaction score
Heather said:
Selling any more randsii or selling anymore plants period?
Sorry that was a bit ambiguous. He told me he will not be selling anymore period. He also told me he sold out of randsii. I do not have a history with him, so he may just not be looking for new business, but would still work with old customers; I do not know. He just said he is not selling anymore. If you send me a PM, I will copy his email into it for you.
~P

A

ajintboo

Thanks for sharing your feed back on some of the Ebay sellers. I've made a list for future reference. I have noticed that some of the photots don't always jive with whats being offered and some photos aren't always of the best quality.
I also have bought some catts from Royal Orchid Club and they were very dried out upon arrival. Took some nursing but they survived. Sarah

Latest posts