Ebay seller Marblekg

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How do some sellers not get put out of business on E-bay? In my humble option most of this sellers plants are hugely overpriced. The ones that seem to be priced fairly usual have almost no roots. Luckily he is not a paph or phrag seller. This is one of the lines that he prints in his description 'SELLER RETAINS THE RIGHT TO SHIP A REPLACEMENT PLANT FOR ANY REASON' and in capital just like I wrote. I wouldn't consider buying a plant from this seller no matter how bad I wanted it. Check it out and judge for yourself.

I was looking at his plants recently, he offers a wide selection of bifoliate Catts and if his pics are true to the plants he ships then he is putting some work into them before sale. I bought some cheap bareroot forbesii and porphyroglossa from a seller on Facebook recently and they immediately went into shock and lost half their pseudobulbs within a week of arriving. I don't have a problem with his pricing knowing how long it will take my plants to look like his listings.

The part that gets me the most is that one line "'SELLER RETAINS THE RIGHT TO SHIP A REPLACEMENT PLANT FOR ANY REASON'

I assume this is a listing where you are buying the plant pictured? If that is the case, then I would imagine they are just covering their butt in case something happens to the plant pictured during bidding, etc. But then, it all depends on their reputation as a grower/seller and the price as to whether or not you wanna trust them to send you a good quality plant (even if it isn't the plant pictured). I have bought a fair number of plants off Ebay, and have generally been pleased with what I got (but I am pretty careful about who I buy from).

I agree with Bob. For me, buying plants on eBay is the second best thing to visiting a nursery or attending a show where I pick out my own plants after close examinations because I get to see what I'm getting.
What's the point if you get something else? Perhaps, if the seller sends you the photos of a replacement plant AND you agree with it then, it sounds alright. Otherwise, it seems like a scam to me.
Btw, he does have some nice big plants and compots. I just have not bought any from him, though.
I have not had any bad experience buying plants on eBay. I always got what was advertised on the list.

Latest posts

Back