ebay seller/ lilywantian

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've ordered from them, stuff shipped with phyto papers only no cites, but the shipment came through to Canada, a bonus plant was provided, as the paphs were a bit on the smaller side (single growth each) plants arrived in good condition. No complaints here.

Wow! Doomsayer!

I just went to out to Cali and talked to Andy from Andy's orchids. He mentioned to me a hefty fine he was slapped with for some PNG dendro's. I guess Papua New Guinea has strict enforcement procedures. That or he had bad luck. Either way, I distinctly remember the 35K fine. I guess it's fresh on my mind.

Thanks Ryan. I appreciate the feedback.

which page? If I read through it much longer I won't have a very productive day at work.

Chad, the vendor probably doesn't appreciate that you are disclosing their illegal gray/black market deals to the wide-open internet. A friendly reminder that it may be better to edit out the name of the vendor. ;)

I recently order a paph. from them and when I paid the email that appeared on my payment history is the same as that of another seller from which I bought a Paphiopedilum armeniacum album. I suspect they are same seller, and so far I have had no problems.

Not to go off subject, but to my knowledge I have never purchased jungle collected plants; and would not want to. I know that all of the breeding stock came in from somewhere, most likely not legally 'collected' but the more it happens the less there are out there reducing the gene pool for the future...

My 1st purchase, just arrived, shipped for east coast, badly packeed standard delivery. At this time of year to sent plants, poorly insulated, on an 8 day voyage with usps across the
country!! Anyone need black mush, dosn't smell very good either. Not the best 1st encounter.
The transit shipper apparently dosn't know or care how the plants will survive in a winter freeze. We will see what they do about it.

My 1st purchase, just arrived, shipped for east coast, badly packeed standard delivery. At this time of year to sent plants, poorly insulated, on an 8 day voyage with usps across the
country!! Anyone need black mush, dosn't smell very good either. Not the best 1st encounter.
The transit shipper apparently dosn't know or care how the plants will survive in a winter freeze. We will see what they do about it.

Who orders plants from China in December? They could of been wrapped in anything and shipped with heat packs, but it wouldn't of done any good on a 7000+ mile trip.I am surprised it only took 8 days to make it from China,through customs in NY,and to you.

:rollhappy: So you think Customs does not have a secret passage around it?

He never said they check anything. I knew a few ppl that were Temps at the NY hub, nothing really gets checked. You just don't want to be the one that does. Plus nothing is stopping someone from sending in illegal plant mislabeled and then sending the buyer a note saying what was what. Hell look at all the little Asian Teenagers that get shipped in to Newark and end up at Massage Parlors in AC.

Back