eBay promotions

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streetmorrisart

Reaction score
If so inclined, most people find StreetMorrisArt.com through a Google search, especially if they’re looking for a specific plant or other subject matter, but a fair number of my best patrons have won my pieces listed as promotions on eBay and gone on to become patrons I depend upon greatly through my web site—for instance, the art appreciator and grower who purchased the Cypripedium calceolus piece a number of you have inquired about!

Even if you’ve acquired art from me before, consider these auctions an opportunity to potentially get a steal (I start them at a small fraction of the retail price). And, if you’re unfamiliar with my art in person, this is a great introduction to my work and why many keep emailing me about more:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZstreetmorrisart

OMG!

Looks like Candace's Armeni White on there!

Craig

Yeah, it is—sub par painting of a hideous flower! One-of-a-kind or not, it’ll of course end up going for far less than a division of the actual thing. Amongst orchid growers, I understand and am o.k. with that…it’ll always be “in bloom” though, right?

I’ve had mixed feelings about eBay over the years and fall in and out of love with it often. In general, it’s a buyer’s market I too have taken advantage of. As I mentioned though, I’ve been lucky in some great people finding me that way—one has even become an in-person friend of six years or so, and an art gallery owner / fellow orchid grower who now represents me found me that way as well.

I have to add to that there have been people who genuinely can’t afford original art (as opposed to I need money for a litany of other hobbies too and want a sweet deal on everything) and only bought one piece, but were so appreciative and outpouring with praise that I was almost embarrassed.

It’s all a balance and in the end it averages out decently. To all, it almost goes without saying that I appreciate your interest.

Gotta add too, if you don't mind, that you're as beautiful as your art. ;) In an innocent manner though as one married person to another. :)

-Steve Jobs (Ernie)

I was one of the lucky ebay buyers and my painting came today. Thank you Robin, the painting is gorgeous and I'm thrilled to have it. The photographs really don't do your work justice at all. I can't wait to have it matted and framed!!

I was one of the lucky ebay buyers and my painting came today. Thank you Robin, the painting is gorgeous and I'm thrilled to have it. The photographs really don't do your work justice at all. I can't wait to have it matted and framed!!

I bet you I can guess which one you purchased!

Congratulations Candace!!
WOO HOO!!!

I'll be trying to get a shot of the one I bought (not an orchid painting though) once I get it back from the framers either tomorrow or Wednesday.

I CANNOT WAIT!

Craig

A heads up to those of you who are interested in owning some of my work, I've listed four pieces on eBay, two of them slipper-inspired. The explanation for such madness can be found on page one!

Good luck! (You shouldn't need much of it to get a deal at present.)

Hey all,

I'm once again casting on eBay with two paph-inspired "portraits" as lures.

If you've purchased from me before, you're likely in for quite the deal and, if you haven't, you may see in person why anyone might care without making too much of an investment...they're a pleasant combination of painterly and illustrational, and both took about four work days to complete.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290261041157

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=290261036671

Thanks for your interest.

Robin

Latest posts

Back