Ebay just look

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how does canbejing get plants into the states with no paperwork? Is this pure smuggling? How the hell does a place that just smuggles plants have such a high rating? Some of their plants are great, but I don't want to be illegal to get them...

Asking him he is a memeber here :evil:

Some of his plants are breaded, I think this one to and the segawai fore sure.

Subtropicum for sure not, but he is able to grow them

how does canbejing get plants into the states with no paperwork? Is this pure smuggling? How the hell does a place that just smuggles plants have such a high rating? Some of their plants are great, but I don't want to be illegal to get them...

Cyp. japonicum album growing only in Japan , of course, he has paper for japonicum album.

and so that would be sent to me with phytosanitary paperwork?

What about the hangianum the same seller is offering?

I was under the impression that even if the seller has export cites paperwork or phyto that I have to have import documents as well. There is no mention of any of that in the shipping section of the canbeijing's ebay store.

and so that would be sent to me with phytosanitary paperwork?

What about the hangianum the same seller is offering?

I was under the impression that even if the seller has export cites paperwork or phyto that I have to have import documents as well. There is no mention of any of that in the shipping section of the canbeijing's ebay store.

- Cyp. japonicum album will be send with phytosanitary and Cites Paper. He can send you the paper before.

- We are here to cypripedium thread that has to do to with Hangianum?. Hangianum is Paph.

I think for the most of his Cyps he can not provide cites.
What I heard the Japonicum is from Japan and the segawai too.

For subtropicum there is no plant in the world which is legal.

Nothing offical imported to europe as I heard from customs, even if there are plants in europe, have heard from palnts and it was discussed before.

If I read correct, the foto on this listing is not Japonicum it is a photo of an alba.
I think our friend from Japan has posted a pic from the alba before.

Would love to get it, but I will not spend so much money.

Before that I would buy the segawai from him

the flower picture is C.fomosanum album, saw flower stem .

Subtropicum may be soon be legal.. A friend germinated from seed I sent with a phyto and has deflasked it in the USA. I have flasked the seed on the same recipe, so fingers crossed. Fingers crossed it grows well out of flask.

As to why Canbeijing such a good rating??? Well a lot of countries may say they follow CITES, but in reality dont give a stuff about it and ignore it as much as they can.. This goes for Asia and the EU.

Also I have been told by a China expert it is not illegal to collect plants within China for internal sales (except in national parks). Its only illegal once you send plants outside the country. The internal market for plants is huge.

Its not impossible to get plants in China with a phytosanitary permit, CITES is another matter.

Brett

But how they can be legal in the US if no plant with origin in Vietnam, see the discussion in other topics are legal.
And did you Import the seed with full Cites work and wirth knowing the officals.
I know its legal to send seed from orhcids, because in the Cites is nothing about seed only parts of the plant but in the listing they do not mention seed. But can you get a legal plant in US out of such seeds.

I just received seed too from another species and not out of China but thinking on if this is legal or not.
I know to get the seed is fully legal here, because it was controlled offical with Phyto. But I had no cites for this seed.

That is double-speak. Guess what; seeds are parts of the plant. In fact, they are the whole plant. If you have them dont worry about the legality.

Seed had no CITES paper , to follow seedling is illegal

Cypripedium ( example : subtropicum ) , ist seeds or seeds in capsula .

No, seeds are not part of plants. Seeds are independent of plants. Only seeds in capsula at the plant are parts of the plant.

I agree with berthold I have the same knowledge and so the botanical gardens act too.
Bring dryed plants in its Ok without cites they only have to pass Phyto and the same for the seed.
If you look close its not mentioned the seed in the cites law. They only speak about the parts of the plant who are alive. But by definition there is no live at a seed so I learned it in my study time.
Only if growth starts then the live begins. :confused:

Live begins when pets are dead and children leave parents home

This will be hard for me, you and Claus are already at this stage.
My first one is 4 and the next one on the way.
I have a dog and a cat some brids some haorses, goats, and some smaller ones who I dont want to talk about :poke:

Back