Eastern orchid exhibition in Dresden (Germany)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, sorry!

You know it was too dark there to make good pictures from bigger plants or a whole booth. The same problem as every year.

According to a friend of mine, the same plant of Paph. Wössner Black Wings was shown at the Thun exhibition in Switzerland. I am not 100% whether this is true. However, during my short visit to the Thun exhibition, this is the only plant I took a picture of. Really called my attention, and had to use my mobile phone for that. Here it is:

Paph. Wössner Black Wings by kavanaru, on Flickr

Paph. Wössner Black Wings by kavanaru, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Ramon! By now, all five flowers were fully open and the plant was a stopper.

Gold Medals are not a common thing over here, I would think chances are about 1 in a thousand of every jugded plant.

Ricky, I was told the light was better than last year. That may have been true for the sales booth'. My impression too was that the exhibits were too dark in general, just lacking overhead lighting.

Thanks Ramon! By now, all five flowers were fully open and the plant was a stopper.

I had the plant in front of me, and indeed a show stopper! I was on a hurry as I had started with my discal hernia just before that, but had to stand and take a picture... it was really a magnificent plant!
would love to see it with all flowers open (and a better quality picture as mine)

Ricky, I was told the light was better than last year. That may have been true for the sales booth'. My impression too was that the exhibits were too dark in general, just lacking overhead lighting.

The biggest problem was that they used colored light and color changing LEDs an the walls. Not good for the dealers that has their stalls there.
The only way to see the real color of the flowers was to use a flashlight and look at the small led screen on the camera: Oh, that´s the way it looks!

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/74724457.jpg/]
74724457.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Its a beauty or, :evil:
Had a long steem, and said I want to come with you home, but the vendor didnt want to sell it....:D

Latest posts

Back