Easter Swan with Uncle

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fAwww, so sad! And I too am sad to check my bathroom window plants. Another fowlii album plant blasted its bud! This is a healthy plant with several smaller growths and Iā€™ve been paying closer attention to watering. So disappointedšŸ˜¢.. there is a second bud, but I have little hope of it blooming, but I will watch it diligently!

fAwww, so sad! And I too am sad to check my bathroom window plants. Another fowlii album plant blasted its bud! This is a healthy plant with several smaller growths and Iā€™ve been paying closer attention to watering. So disappointedšŸ˜¢.. there is a second bud, but I have little hope of it blooming, but I will watch it diligently!
That feeling of despair when a bud blasts is worse than a stab wound!

Careful Careful, if you whisper, make it words of endearment! Tell it how much you love it, and want it to survive!!!

Can you explain a bit about your light setup? Two T5 with blinder to shade some light?
My paphs are always under stress due to too much light I suspect. Most look perfectly fine but some do not look happy. When they are placed in the natural light, they always look better in just a couple of weeks but I can't give all of them natural light. Many must live under light setup.
Yet, I never bothered to do anything about it until now.
I might have to put up some shading of some sort.

I grow this particular warm growers under 2 T5 36 inch 6400 approximately one foot above leaves. You just need to adjust the plants from center to the sides based on the leaf color and vigor. Alternatively you can use light shading paper to reduce the light or lift light higher.

Latest posts

Back