East Asian Cymbidium Potting Materials...Japan Post Opened up for Canada

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jokerpass

Reaction score
Potting materials for East Asian Cymbidium: I am so glad that Japan Post finally is able to ship to Canada. It was shut down since June 2021 but reopened in early Nov 2022. I immediately asked Japan to ship the potting materials for East Asian Cymbidium. I bought 60 L of this material, so stocked piled because you never know when you will be able to get it again (as the post office is shutting down in Japan again as we speak). It just arrived tonight. Now, I stock piled on the pots and potting materials...next step is to get more East Asian Cymbidiums.....1669697942556.png1669697950954.png

Everything can be purchased through Flora Peculia in Canada. He ships to the US.

I have been using this material for years and I know, this is the best materials to grow and flower the Jensoa Cymbidiums. I can bloom all my Cym. goeringii every year without too much effort, no special treatment to initiate the buds and root bound very easily. If you read the internet, it says that you need the cold nights (at least 10C difference during the day and night) in the fall to initiate the bud. This is not true, when the plant is potted in this material, it just buds by itself starting in the end of the summer, no special treatment. To bloom it, you just need to give the proper conditions during vernalization period in the winter.
I know most people cannot bloom the Jensoa Cymbidiums consistently, and I highly suspect that it has to do with the potting mix. This blend of potting material provides the correct aeration, water retention, and pH (must be somewhere 5.5-6.8). Each kind of pumice has its own unique properties so it must be blended in a certain ratio, so it's just easier to get the materials already blended.

Latest posts

Back