Duo of tigrinum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulolo

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1st pic is my original clone and the 2nd pic is of another clone I picked up earlier in the year.
The 1st clone's flower is about 2 weeks old and the 2nd is about a week old.

Attachments

• 20220815_101139.jpg
    20220815_101139.jpg
    710.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220815_101134.jpg
    20220815_101134.jpg
    669.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220815_101111.jpg
    20220815_101111.jpg
    1,004.9 KB · Views: 0
How big is the plant?
Somehow, I had an impression that this species gets large but I have seen some surprisingly compact plants with large flowers.

Very nice. I've never tried growing this species. Any particular challenges?
I use a bit more chunkier mix for tigrinum than most of the other paphs. It's at the back of the greenhouse where it's cooler and it grows on the top tier of a bench where it's pretty bright. In winter the sun is low enough to come in without shade cloth so it's even brighter and I allow it to get drier between watering. At least this clone has been pretty easy to grow.

How big is the plant?
Somehow, I had an impression that this species gets large but I have seen some surprisingly compact plants with large flowers.
I grow this species in pretty bright light see my reply to Paphluvr. Leafspan is about 6 to 8 inches or so on this clone in the 1st pic. The clone in the second pic is easily twice the size and I haven't had it long. Obviously it came in bud but wasn't visible at the time.
1st clone has had 3 sheaths for some time and had hoped all three would bloom at the same time but currently only one flower with a second close to opening. The third sheath is still healthy but isn't growing a bud.
It will be interesting to see if the newer clone growing in these bright conditions starts to grow compactly.

I grow this species in pretty bright light see my reply to Paphluvr. Leafspan is about 6 to 8 inches or so on this clone in the 1st pic. The clone in the second pic is easily twice the size and I haven't had it long. Obviously it came in bud but wasn't visible at the time.
1st clone has had 3 sheaths for some time and had hoped all three would bloom at the same time but currently only one flower with a second close to opening. The third sheath is still healthy but isn't growing a bud.
It will be interesting to see if the newer clone growing in these bright conditions starts to grow compactly.
Thank you!

Wonderfull pair, bulolo! 😍

And not the easiest species to keep alive (said the man, who up till now have succeeded in finally killing off every single clone he tried to grow! One of the plants, though, after keeping it alive for a couple of seasons and one smashing flowering 😭)!

Latest posts

Back