Dug Out (bare root) slipper specials

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Fischer

www.orchidweb.com
Reaction score
Hello all,

I wanted to try something new that would allow people to get a variety of plants for a little less $. The first list is for paphs, followed by phrags near the bottom of the list. As a bonus, any order of 10 or more plants will receive a free seedling of our choice.

The Dug Out specials are bare root plants that are ready to come out of our flats (large compots) and go into 2.25" pots. The plants I selected from this list are very healthy and established seedlings, many of which will reach blooming size within one year.

Payments may be sent via paypal to [email protected] or called in to 1-800-669-6006.

For Paphs (Mix and match):

We are selling these as sets of 4 plants for $50. We will ship the bare root plants with a little sphagnum around the roots to keep them hydrated. We can pot plants for an additional $8 if you prefer them shipped in pot.

Shipping will be via FedEx 2Day air for $18 for a total of $68. For orders of 8 or more plants, shipping will increase to $25 only if you request the plants to be shipped in pot. In addition, if you purchase 2 sets (8 plants) you may add additional plants individually at $12.50 each.

Paph. malipoense x moquettianum ‘Big One’

Paph. Yakushiji (malipoense x wenshanense)

Paph. sukhakulii ‘Fat Boy’ x Raisin Pie ‘Fernbrook’
(should look like a darker and larger sukhakulii)

Paph. Fitchianum (bullenianum x venustum ‘Lake Head’ AM/AOS)

Paph. Rolfei (bellatulum ‘Birds Nest’ x rothschildianum ‘Superfly’)
This is the most vigorous bellatulum we have ever seen. Hoping for fast to flower Rolfei.

Paph. Vanda M. Pearman (bellatulum ‘Lady Bird’ x delenatii ‘Deerwood’ AM/AOS)
Made with a nice delenatii from Paphreek. Thanks for the pollen Ross!

Paph. hainanense – sib crosses made here at OL.

Paph. sukhakulii (pale form) x Hilo Jewel ‘Lucky Pick’ AM/AOS
Since the genetics of the sukhakulii are not 100% albino, these should all come out coloratum form and have a shape similar to paph. macabre. Hilo Jewel had a very large dorsal.

For Phrags:

We are selling these 4 plants together as a package for $60. The same rules apply as above, with additional plants beyond orders of 2 sets costing $15 each.

Phrag. Memoria Dick Clements flavum (besseae flavum x sargentianum)
Made with besseae flavum as the pod parent, these will be a combination of yellow and red.

Phrag. Barbara LeAnn (besseae ‘Mayan Devil’ x fischeri)
A remake of one of the best fischeri hybrids to date.

Phrag. Hanne Popow (schlimii 'Pink Delight' x besseae 'Inca Fire')
A wonderful hybrid slightly fragrant of roses.

Phrag. Stairway to Heavan x Mini Grande (should be medium sized with long petals)

Thanks! I would also appreciate any feedback you may have on dug outs. I'm thinking about adding this kind of category to our website.

Best wishes,

Jason

Since many people grow in their own special mixes, semi-hydro etc., or like to repot immediately upon receipt, bareroot is a nice alternative. Not only is it a money saver on the plant, but on shipping as well.

That's the kind of response I expected Candace. I will also list these specials on our web, but ordering via the forum will give you more flexibility and the bonus plant if you order 10 or more. You can get the same deal on our website my mentioning slippertalk special in the special insructions.

Some pics of our flat plants (the first pic is the Phrag. Stairway to Heaven x Mini Grande).

phragdugoutl.jpg

dugoutpaphl.jpg

Since many people grow in their own special mixes, semi-hydro etc., or like to repot immediately upon receipt, bareroot is a nice alternative. Not only is it a money saver on the plant, but on shipping as well.
I AGREE!! Thanks for the offer Jason!

Latest posts

Back