Dresdner Ostern 2018, Orchid Show

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeanLux

Reaction score
took place last WE, 22 - 25 march, as the largest Orchid Show in Germany; some pretend: in Europe.
Very unhappy that the EOC (European Orchid Congress) to place in Paris on this same WE :eek: :eek: !

Here some pics of selected plants/flowers:

Popow:

Popow:

Fr. Glanz:

some more to come

Jean

Thanks Jean. Looks like a great show. Love those Cyps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Nice flowers. Interesting to see the reginae hybrid; at home the species would flower around Father’s Day in late June

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many thanks for the pics. Did you by any plants?

Yes, Dresden is quite a ride from Luxbg, but a great place to buy plants :)

I had a preorder for diff. Paphs/Cyps with Wenqing Perner; we had nice long talks over the few days I spent there.

I found 2 Paph vietnamense (?) with spikes at Popow's, and 1 without spike at Fr. Glanz's. Some Catts at Franz Zeuners ....

Jean

Thank you Jean for all these pics!
Do you have a picture of Woessner Zwergflammerl, a group of red Paphs at the show table of Franz Glanz?

Thanks. How is Wenxing and her daughters? Oh and what is the plant with lots of yellow flowers?

I suppose you mean the last but one pic: this is promenaea ovatiloba

Wenqing is very busy managing the nurseries, travels and of course care for Isabel and Stephanie. fingers crossed for them !!!!

Jean

Thanks for sharing. Must have been difficult to focus with all the lighting issues, (dark and then spotlights in places)!!! Thanks for identifying the promenaea. Man! All those Pleiones and Cyps!! :sob:
BTW, the Orchid obsessed would have made both shows! :p :poke:

Thanks Jean for all the nice pics!

Taking photos is always a challenge in that exhibition, but the impression in the show is very spectacular. The organizers of the orchid show have little influence on the general light concept, since the orchid show is part of a large Easter fair, but they do encourage the exhibitors to equip their stands with good light. I've seen some general improvement in this respect.

I've been there only on Saturday and rushed thru the show, the sales booths and the judging. Wish I had more time to chat to people. Met with Wenqing only briefly, she had very good plants for me as always.

I've taken only three quick cell phone pics that day and these were of that group fibre mentioned: Paph Wossner Zwergflammerl

Attachments

• Paph WoessnerZwergflammerl1.JPG
    Paph WoessnerZwergflammerl1.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Paph WoessnerZwergflammerl2.JPG
    Paph WoessnerZwergflammerl2.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Paph WoessnerZwergflammerl3.JPG
    Paph WoessnerZwergflammerl3.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
...Taking photos is always a challenge in that exhibition, but the impression in the show is very spectacular. The organizers of the orchid show have little influence on the general light concept, since the orchid show is part of a large Easter fair, but they do encourage the exhibitors to equip their stands with good light. I've seen some general improvement in this respect.

I've been there only on Saturday and rushed thru the show, the sales booths and the judging. Wish I had more time to chat to people. Met with Wenqing only briefly, she had very good plants for me as always.

I've taken only three quick cell phone pics that day and these were of that group fibre mentioned: Paph Wossner Zwergflammerl

Thanks Carsten, I tend to agree; some exhibitors had a rather good lighting for their stand ...
and, maybe, we will be able to meet in person there on one of the next shows :)

Jean

BTW, the Orchid obsessed would have made both shows! :p :poke:

I have been thinking of that for quite some time in the past, but by car the distance is very important for one weekend!

On the other hand, as my daughter has a job in Dresden now, the decision was clear for me ....!

Jean

Thank you for the pics of Paph. Woessner Zwergflammerl!
It is interesting to see this hybrid as it is a Maudiae Type crossed with Paph. canhii.

Latest posts

Back