Dr. Braem’s new Paphiopedilum tome

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for your review, Leslie. 👍
I'm wondering if this book is written only in English or in bilingual in German/English like some previous books of G. Braem.
This book I have is in English only. There might be a German version that I’m not aware of. I’ll ask Dr. Braem and get back to you when he replies.

Side note, I do wish Olaf prints his new book in English one of these days lol.

This book I have is in English only. There might be a German version that I’m not aware of. I’ll ask Dr. Braem and get back to you when he replies.

Side note, I do wish Olaf prints his new book in English one of these days lol.

given that google translate works on images i was tempted to buy Olaf's book... and just get the hacked translation when there was a section i was referencing... at least a way to get at the content... not convenient enough to pull the trigger..

given that google translate works on images i was tempted to buy Olaf's book... and just get the hacked translation when there was a section i was referencing... at least a way to get at the content... not convenient enough to pull the trigger..
I asked Olaf to see if he could translate the book to English, but he said not at this point. Possibly in future. Google translate it is LOL.

As all the technical terms are similar to the english expressions or derived from latin you should get quite a good guess of Olafs book. The fotos are great.
To me it's my new bible... well, half a bible as I'm waiting for the second volume...

This is Dr Braem 4th Paphiopedilum book publications. Its very interesting......he dare to rethink and rewrite the Paphiopedilum evolutions through his experience and study of the genus. The book cost about Euro140 and shipping is excluded, I got mine for 168 Euro deliver to Asia.

I have only read the Introduction and General Section of Dr. Braem’s new book and thumbed through the Descriptive Section, stopping here and there for a while. However, I agree with Leslie that this is a cherished addition to my orchid library and I will enjoy returning to it again and again.

sigh.... just paypall'd my $217.27 to Guido this morning.... Gotta pay to play...

Seriously considering doing the same for Olaf's book... even in german.. from what i understand, photos in german naturally translate to english ;-)

sigh.... just paypall'd my $217.27 to Guido this morning.... Gotta pay to play...

Seriously considering doing the same for Olaf's book... even in german.. from what i understand, photos in german naturally translate to english ;-)
You won't be sorry to get Braem's and Olaf's books. They are amazing. Olaf's book has a laot of pictures. I was wondering how they would've looked if printed on glossy paper. Still a very nice and informative book. And yes, google translate for phots works very well.

I wasn't aware that he had written a Phrag. book. Is it still available?

If we are talking about the book "the genus phragmipedium" i got my copy from Orchids limited (orchidweb.com).. signed by Guido, and (i just looked) on sale for 123.95...

Back