Dr. Braem’s new Paphiopedilum tome

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrived just now with a thump on my porch so heavy with gorgeous knowledge that I jumped out of my skin from two floors above. Beyond thrilled to hold and behold Dr Guido Jozef Braem’s astonishing compendium. Consider it a reward for having survived to drink its glory. To purchase, email Dr. Braem at [email protected]. Tell him Bruch sent you. Or don’t, I don’t care, I just love to promote such phenomenal work.B57193A6-F083-4FDD-BD75-364D5631B39E.jpeg

Last edited:
Could you give us some more information about the book? Price, content, structure, etc...
Thanks

210$.... would love to see some teaser content ...

Hey Bruch... do you have his Phrag compendium? just wondering if its that same bent instead for paphs....

got mine yesterday, just reading ....
great piece of work , good print and paper
no problem to get it to Thailand

only available from Guido Bream directely

210$.... would love to see some teaser content ...

Hey Bruch... do you have his Phrag compendium? just wondering if its that same bent instead for paphs....
I don’t know the rules about teaser content and I think he wouldn’t like me posting anything like that. Maybe he will see this and post?
I do have his Phragmipedium book and yes.

Could you give us some more information about the book? Price, content, structure, etc...
Thanks
I’m still reading; the price includes shipping so it depends; I wanted mine right away. 175 euros. Not sorry at all. I have been begging and praying that he’d get this monument completed and its wonderful. I don’t have a review yet. I’m savoring it.

So I received the book a few days ago, signed by the author himself. What a treat to read.

Here are my preliminary observations:

1. New species like rungsuriyanum and nataschae were included (big plus).
2. Good general culture descriptions
3. Good chapter on albinism
4. Good photos although I wished more insitu and updated photos from previous books. Probably could use more photos per species to show more color range and varieties.
5. Some names in contention were kept like markianum and chamberlainianum (in contrast with WCSP), with in-depth analysis and explanations of why other taxonomists might have made a mistake lol.
6. more updated info in each species description up to publishing period. Had hope for more specific culture tips for each one like in his Baker’s book.
7. Beautiful cover sleeve and binding, with a bookmark sash.
8. compact ‘bible’ size for ease of carrying
9. The headers and titles of the images were very light colored and hard to read (maybe it’s my eyes lol).
10. Lots of beautiful paintings included, very classy.

Without a doubt, the is a must have book for all Paphiophiles to own, read, study and cherish for years to come.

Latest posts

Back